Weight loss pills that help? Anyone experienced pls look

Options
2»

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Fasted cardio isn't necessary... There are studies to show it makes not a scrap of difference whether you do it Fasted or not. You could add in hiit or steady state (not low intensity, that's pointless) on rest days....

Fasted cardio is a personal choice. I do fasted cardio but it is only because I do not want to taste my breakfast while working out.

I do IF, but it is not for fat loss, it is an eating schedule...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Fasted cardio isn't necessary... There are studies to show it makes not a scrap of difference whether you do it Fasted or not. You could add in hiit or steady state (not low intensity, that's pointless) on rest days....

Fasted cardio is a personal choice. I do fasted cardio but it is only because I do not want to taste my breakfast while working out.

I do IF, but it is not for fat loss, it is an eating schedule...

Of course it's personal! I do it sometimes during prep, but only because I have time when I get up. I just meant it doesn't make a difference :)
  • jamesmorin59
    jamesmorin59 Posts: 37 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    IvanOcampo wrote: »
    Just keep at it - with 20% body fat, weight loss pills won't work..
    Anything you do, as long as you're eating correctly, will help you lose weight..

If you REALLY want to burn some fat fast, do fasted cardio as soon as you wake up..
    And don't eat right away..

When I cut, I do intermittent fasting, which might just be bioscience but works for me in speeding up weight loss..
    Thanks

I never heard of fasted cardio , I will give this a go

Also was a typo 25f 45c 30p

I hope that's still a typo.
    That equates to around 525 calories..!

wdkisdeqr7rw.jpg

25f 45c 30p
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Anything you do, as long as you're eating correctly, will help you lose weight..

If you REALLY want to burn some fat fast, do fasted cardio as soon as you wake up..

When I cut, I do intermittent fasting, which might just be bioscience but works for me in speeding up weight loss..
    Thanks

wdkisdeqr7rw.jpg

25f 45c 30p

Aah.. Sorry, you meant percentages..
    Makes sense now..

See what works for you.. How much do you weigh now?
    Given a bf% of 20, I'd drop fats to 55 grams and protein down to 180.. And increase carbs accordingly.
    3x week hiit cardio and a weight lifting program.. Do it consistently and measure your results.. You should see your weight dropping weekly.
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    No. No weight/fat loss pills on the market work. Outside of prescription appetite suppressors.
    I have plenty of knowledge, and some personal experience regarding the different supplements/stuff.

The closest thing to a miracle weightloss pill that exists is not for human consumption anymore. DNP. That could literally burn up to 3 pounds of pure fat (no muscle) off your body each week, without doing a single exercise or changing your diet. But its difficult to get, and without proper research/use, DEATH is almost certain. A mistake or miscalculation when using it, wont just make you sick or put you in hospital. Death is what happens, even from a small mistake. Haha.

The next closest things that work, are Ephedrine stacked with Caffeine and (optional) Aspirin.
    Its great at increased heartrate, metabolism increase, thermogenic properties, slightly increased performance in exercise, and better fat loss ratios when losing weight.
    Ephedrine is controlled now though. Depending on what country you are in, it may be possible to get some from your local chemist, or online sites that deliver to you. Here in Ireland, its impossible, sites wont deliver to ireland, and if customs catch it - the punishments are apparently the same as illegal drugs like ecstasy and such, although I'm not sure how true that is. But Ireland is pretty strict compared to England and other countries in europe.
    Pretty sure you can still get ECA stacks in online shops in england, just that its controlled - but not illegal (look it up yourself)

Yohimbine was also an effective weight loss supplement. It works when you're fasted. It makes your body burn fat (especially around the stomach area - but i'm not going into the sciency part of it, look it up) when you have no food in your body. So best times for that would be if you stopped eating at like 8 or 9pm, woke up the next morning. Did some cardio or light-moderate exercise (walking, slow jogging, non-intensive strength training, etc) for an hour or two. Then waiting for a couple more hours after that, before eating, since yohimbine still continues working after your exercise.
    Its similar to Ephedrine - Controlled substance. I think you'll be able to get it in England or in some countries throughout europe without much trouble. Not certain though. Look it up. Here in Ireland - its just as difficult to get as Ephedrine.

Now for actual supplements that aren't controlled/banned/illegal or difficult to get.
    200mg Caffeine Tablets. If you're not a regular coffee drinker (I hate the stuff), these are good. Increased heart rate, possibly slightly increased metabolism, partial appetite suppression, slightly increased performance for strength training or cardio, etc.
    But you build a tolerance to them (caffeine in general) quickly. So best to use them for 1 week, stay off caffeine for 1 week, and repeat.

Mega/Potent Green Tea Extract: (or you could drink alot of green tea if you like it). These do slightly raise metabolism, and are a great appetite suppressant when combined with the caffeine tablets. + have other health benefits too.

I personally found that the Caffeine tablets + Green Tea Extract tablet combination worked wonders for me while I didn't have a tolerance for them.
    Then would stop for a week, let my tolerance reduce, and start again. (Still am using them)

Keep in mind - Caffeine - especially when not used to it, will make you jittery and maybe hyper. I personally like the feeling, but others hate it and can't stand it.
  • Spyer116
    Options
    Regarding what I said.

Using Ephedrine/Caffeine/Aspirin, or Yohimbine, or Caffeine/GreenTeaExtract . These aren't 'miracle' supplements. You still need to eat at a deficit, and do plenty of exercise or training. But they do give you some slightly better results in the same time period.

and just a notable mention for me:
    CLA (Conjugate linoleic Acid) : Its supposed to help you keep slightly more lean mass, when losing weight - in regards that its more fat lost rather than muscle.
    In my exerience, I did notice slightly less muscle loss and more fat loss when I took it. But it may just be a placebo effect. Or it may be solely cause of my high protein diet and strength training.
  • IvanOcampo
    Options
    Spyer116 wrote: »
    Regarding what I said.

Using Ephedrine/Caffeine/Aspirin, or Yohimbine, or Caffeine/GreenTeaExtract . These aren't 'miracle' supplements. You still need to eat at a deficit, and do plenty of exercise or training. But they do give you some slightly better results in the same time period.

and just a notable mention for me:
    CLA (Conjugate linoleic Acid) : Its supposed to help you keep slightly more lean mass, when losing weight - in regards that its more fat lost rather than muscle.
    In my exerience, I did notice slightly less muscle loss and more fat loss when I took it. But it may just be a placebo effect. Or it may be solely cause of my high protein diet and strength training.

Yeah, yohimbine (hcl) is what I was referring to, but only works not only if you're fasted, but also if your body fat is already low.
    Caffeine will boost your metabolism if you aren't accustomed to it.. But it all comes down to calories eaten and time spent in the gym..
  • Weightlosstips
    Weightlosstips Posts: 59 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    [Anything you do, as long as you're eating correctly, will help you lose weight..]
    I agree with above sentence. but especially if you are getting all your essential minerals intake, you will lose weight naturally. See (www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z0LHm_OPiw)
    You can also do a search on Garcinia cambogia. All the best
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    There are lots of things out there, a lot of them aren't particularly safe though - or in some cases even tested for human consumption!

A lot of the anabolics out there aren't fit for human consumption for example. If you have to buy them and they say for scientific research only? They're not fit.

God only knows what long term damage people are doing taking things that they don't understand the science of.

At the end of the day, people who want results NOW? Will still be the people wanting those results in a years time because they won't stick with it.

If it took you years to get into this state, don't expect to fix it in 6 months.

Think about it as a long term lifestyle change, and say it'll take as long as it takes. Then keep plugging away.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Spyer116 wrote: »
    No. No weight/fat loss pills on the market work. Outside of prescription appetite suppressors.
    I have plenty of knowledge, and some personal experience regarding the different supplements/stuff.

The closest thing to a miracle weightloss pill that exists is not for human consumption anymore. DNP. That could literally burn up to 3 pounds of pure fat (no muscle) off your body each week, without doing a single exercise or changing your diet. But its difficult to get, and without proper research/use, DEATH is almost certain. A mistake or miscalculation when using it, wont just make you sick or put you in hospital. Death is what happens, even from a small mistake. Haha.

The next closest things that work, are Ephedrine stacked with Caffeine and (optional) Aspirin.
    Its great at increased heartrate, metabolism increase, thermogenic properties, slightly increased performance in exercise, and better fat loss ratios when losing weight.
    Ephedrine is controlled now though. Depending on what country you are in, it may be possible to get some from your local chemist, or online sites that deliver to you. Here in Ireland, its impossible, sites wont deliver to ireland, and if customs catch it - the punishments are apparently the same as illegal drugs like ecstasy and such, although I'm not sure how true that is. But Ireland is pretty strict compared to England and other countries in europe.
    Pretty sure you can still get ECA stacks in online shops in england, just that its controlled - but not illegal (look it up yourself)

Yohimbine was also an effective weight loss supplement. It works when you're fasted. It makes your body burn fat (especially around the stomach area - but i'm not going into the sciency part of it, look it up) when you have no food in your body. So best times for that would be if you stopped eating at like 8 or 9pm, woke up the next morning. Did some cardio or light-moderate exercise (walking, slow jogging, non-intensive strength training, etc) for an hour or two. Then waiting for a couple more hours after that, before eating, since yohimbine still continues working after your exercise.
    Its similar to Ephedrine - Controlled substance. I think you'll be able to get it in England or in some countries throughout europe without much trouble. Not certain though. Look it up. Here in Ireland - its just as difficult to get as Ephedrine.

Now for actual supplements that aren't controlled/banned/illegal or difficult to get.
    200mg Caffeine Tablets. If you're not a regular coffee drinker (I hate the stuff), these are good. Increased heart rate, possibly slightly increased metabolism, partial appetite suppression, slightly increased performance for strength training or cardio, etc.
    But you build a tolerance to them (caffeine in general) quickly. So best to use them for 1 week, stay off caffeine for 1 week, and repeat.

Mega/Potent Green Tea Extract: (or you could drink alot of green tea if you like it). These do slightly raise metabolism, and are a great appetite suppressant when combined with the caffeine tablets. + have other health benefits too.

I personally found that the Caffeine tablets + Green Tea Extract tablet combination worked wonders for me while I didn't have a tolerance for them.
    Then would stop for a week, let my tolerance reduce, and start again. (Still am using them)

Keep in mind - Caffeine - especially when not used to it, will make you jittery and maybe hyper. I personally like the feeling, but others hate it and can't stand it.

Can you back up any of these outlandish claims with any evidence?

Can you describe what you mean by "increase metabolism" and "raise metabolism" and show any evidence that this occurs when taking any of the whoo described above?

I'd especially like to see some peer reviewed studies that show that a tree bark that causes vasodilation and is used to treat erectile dysfunction can specifically burn fat "especially around the stomach area".
  • jcow84
    jcow84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Shadowsan wrote: »
    There are lots of things out there, a lot of them aren't particularly safe though - or in some cases even tested for human consumption!

A lot of the anabolics out there aren't fit for human consumption for example. If you have to buy them and they say for scientific research only? They're not fit.

God only knows what long term damage people are doing taking things that they don't understand the science of.

At the end of the day, people who want results NOW? Will still be the people wanting those results in a years time because they won't stick with it.

If it took you years to get into this state, don't expect to fix it in 6 months.

Think about it as a long term lifestyle change, and say it'll take as long as it takes. Then keep plugging away.

This!! Also, before you take anything, talk to a health care professional. Do not rely on Internet postings from strangers to guide you on what to put into your body.
  • Spyer116
    edited April 2015
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

Can you back up any of these outlandish claims with any evidence?

Can you describe what you mean by "increase metabolism" and "raise metabolism" and show any evidence that this occurs when taking any of the whoo described above?

I'd especially like to see some peer reviewed studies that show that a tree bark that causes vasodilation and is used to treat erectile dysfunction can specifically burn fat "especially around the stomach area".

I'm not going back-tracking 4.5 months of daily research and study for my own personal use, just to back things up for you. Do some searching yourself.
    I just gave short list of supplements. I said it was based on what I learned and researched, and my own personal opinions - or experience in the case of some of them.
    Look up Yohimbine in regards of weightloss, and not just as itself. As its more than just for erectile dysfunction. But simply - Its a stimulant. It increases adrenaline. And it blocks a process in fat cells that prevents/discourages their use/burning for energy. Whatever process it blocks, that process is carried out mainly in brown fat cells - which are primarily in the belly/stomach area - the hardest area to lose fat in - due to having the most intensive whatever it is (enzymes, chemicals, responses, i can't remember the exact details nor do I care that much to) - to prevent their loss.
    As far as I remember, Food - carbohydrates in particular - cause insulin spikes, which interfere with Yohimbine or stop it working or something, - hence why it works best when fasting.

I didn't say it was miraculous either. I said it was effective - during short term fasting, or Intermittent fasting even. I still specificied that the supplements I mentioned that while they're effective, you still need to eat at a deficit, exercise and put in plenty of work - and that they would just give slightly better results in the same time period than if you were to have done the same work without them.

Go look up what stimulants do or what the specific supplements I mentioned, do. I didn't go making claims "take this, and your metabolism turns into a 5000% faster monster that'll rapidly burn all fat on your body" or some other *kitten*. I said it may "slightly" increase metabolism, when you have low or no tolerance to the caffeine and green tea extract. And that In my personal experience/opinion I did notice that with the stimulatory effects of the caffeine/green-tea-extract combination, my metabolism had been increased too as the weight I lost exceeded what should've been lost.
    The details being 28-30 pounds in 3 months even though my calorie deficit and exercise accounted for, I should not have lost more than 1.5-1.75lbs/week at most. The loss in 3 months being over 2.3-2.5lbs/week.
    I started my dieting and exercise 1 week prior to the 3 months I just stated there. Having already lost glycogen stores, waterweight and whatever else during that week. My calculations are excluding the weight lost during that week.
    I'm not saying its 100% solid proof. But for me personally - I feel it works - I feel its effective - I sincerely believe that for some people, the combination of caffeine and green tea extract, would benefit their weight loss and hasten it just a little for a couple of months if combined with a calorie deficit and exercise.
    But maybe not. Maybe i'm completely wrong and they did nothing. Maybe my body just reacted unusually and lost weight it shouldn't have. But guess what - I don't care. I still believe the caffeine/GTE had a helping hand in it. And I wont go scrounging up 4.5 months of my own online research for you.
  • jamesmorin59
    Options

Thanks

wdkisdeqr7rw.jpg

25f 45c 30p

Makes sense now..

Given a bf% of 20, I'd drop fats to 55 grams and protein down to 180.. And increase carbs accordingly.
    3x week hiit cardio and a weight lifting program.. Do it consistently and measure your results.. You should see your weight dropping weekly.

Thanks again

I have read enough to not bother with pills, I may try caffeine pills , even then, keep them for when I feel I need them most for extra energy,

Currently weigh 162lbs roughly and
    Started at around 175lbs and I have been losin 1lb a week a couple of 2lb weeks but now is slowing down 1lb every 2 weeks.

So I will adjust my macros as you stated above and see how that goes

• jamesmorin59
    Options
    Shadowsan wrote: »

I agree and do this exactly, with a treat meal when I go out with the family,
    however as summer is getting closer I was looking for a kick forwards,
  • IvanOcampo
    Options

Thanks

wdkisdeqr7rw.jpg

25f 45c 30p

Makes sense now..

Thanks again

I have read enough to not bother with pills, I may try caffeine pills , even then, keep them for when I feel I need them most for extra energy,

Currently weigh 162lbs roughly and
    Started at around 175lbs and I have been losin 1lb a week a couple of 2lb weeks but now is slowing down 1lb every 2 weeks.

So I will adjust my macros as you stated above and see how that goes

Mm okay. You really don't need more than a gram of protein per pound of body weight unless you're trying to put on weight or are doing some seriously heavy lifting.

Cut your protein down to 165 and increase your carbs according.