Documentary suggestions

Options
2»

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    SBRRepeat wrote: »
    Desert Runners is pretty good, if you find running even remotely interesting.

There's also a great documentary about Greg Lemond and Le Tour called Slaying the Badger. Poor man is still trying to recover from Lance Armstrong's slander campaign, so he is very open and honest in the interviews. Tangentially, there's another one on Netflix about Lance's career where Greg Lemond (and, uh, just about everyone else in cycling) gets to say their piece about him.
    Ooh, I'll look out for that. I remember Greg Lemond winning the tour by one minute or something ridiculous. Did Armstrong throw him under the bus re drugs?
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

There's also a great documentary about Greg Lemond and Le Tour called Slaying the Badger. Poor man is still trying to recover from Lance Armstrong's slander campaign, so he is very open and honest in the interviews. Tangentially, there's another one on Netflix about Lance's career where Greg Lemond (and, uh, just about everyone else in cycling) gets to say their piece about him.
    Ooh, I'll look out for that. I remember Greg Lemond winning the tour by one minute or something ridiculous. Did Armstrong throw him under the bus re drugs?

Yes! They cover that win in the documentary about him. He was awesome.

Lance actually accused him of being a drug addict and alcoholic, not so much doping as heroin and coke and what not. This was years after Greg retired, he knew Lance was doping and was doing a bad job hiding his disdain when interviewed about Lance.
    Armstrong when a little power crazy trying to protect his empire and Lemond was one of his many victims- lost a whole bunch of endorsement gigs and his line of bicycles due to the whole affair. It's an interesting story.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Lance actually accused him of being a drug addict and alcoholic, not so much doping as heroin and coke and what not. This was years after Greg retired, he knew Lance was doping and was doing a bad job hiding his disdain when interviewed about Lance.
    Armstrong when a little power crazy trying to protect his empire and Lemond was one of his many victims- lost a whole bunch of endorsement gigs and his line of bicycles due to the whole affair. It's an interesting story.

Oh sounds interesting, will have to try and watch this one, thanks :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely look out for that one.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Food, Inc. - Really eye-opening about the American food industry.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi! Tomorrow is Sunday and I'm taking a rest after a knee strain, so I'll have some time to watch a documentary/film and I'd love to learn something new.

What documentaries would you suggest, and why, on the theme of health (not necessarily weight loss, but that's a bonus)?

Fat Head is a great one-it was made by a comedian, as a rebuttal to the documentary Supersize Me. In it the guy does an experiment where he only eats fast food, and not only does he lose weight, but he improves his blood panels as well. And the guy's really entertaining. It's pretty awesome :smiley:

For something a bit more serious, but also entertaining, is the documentary Eat, Fast and Live Longer, by Dr. Michael Mosley. It's a good introduction to intermittent fasting.