Anyone Normalize High Blood Pressure: Testimonials!

Options
2»

Replies

• JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Wow good for you!!!!! Terrific job!
  • kellyannecandy
    kellyannecandy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure is 150ish / 85-90 and one of my main reasons for getting healthy and losing weight.......early days yet but have bought a home monitor and booked back in with the GP in 5 weeks. Hopefully it will be down a bit by then or he'll be putting me on tablets
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My average is now 113/74, and I am off all blood pressure meds. I credit weight loss of ninety pounds, assisted by Bariatric surgery. Added exercise has also brought my heart rate down.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    I use BPMonitor app to track.
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    Went off Benicar after being on it 18 months. Been off for 5 weeks now. Went from 290 to 260 and my blood pressure was consistently very low, so I came off it.
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP cause the doctor said my blood pressure was too high for my age. She said if I lost a decent amount of weight within 6 months and the blood pressure went closer to normal, then she would not make me take meds for it.

I lost about 17 pounds in 6 months and she was really happy with the blood pressure improvement so no meds.
    I'm still slowly losing and I plan to continue but I must add that I seriously curtailed my smoking and I exercise with moderate intensity at least 3x a week. I think the smoking thing was probably #1, tbh.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your stories. It's something I've been wondering and worrying about.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    In addition to the workouts and healthy eating, hubby is using hawthorn berry supplements to get his blood pressure down. Now, the doctor is watching over this process and fully aware of it, so if you decide to try supplements, make sure your doctor okays it first. That said, he got his blood pressure down from a scary number to a perfect normal over the course of the year, and this happened before the weight finally started coming off, as he was having trouble restricting calories.
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your comments. I am on vacation, so I haven't checked my BP in a while. I will give you all a 3 week update this upcoming week.
    Best to all of you!
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Yup, BP is something to worry about, but don't worry about it too long. Check it out. Pharmacies here in Canada have automated BP machines free for use. Knowledge is power. BP is one of those silent killer things that if you don't check, it might slowly be weakening blood vessels (risk of stroke) or your heart.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I was bordering on high blood pressure for a while. My BP readings would consistently come out at around 150/90. Exactly one month after I started eating right, and exercising, I happened to be walking through a Walmart, and decided to put my arm in the cuff just to check it out, and the reading had dropped all the way down to 140/75.

I haven't had it checked in a few months, but now I'm interested to see where I sit after six months of losing weight.
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I will definitely keep track of mine. I ate a half slab of pork ribs the other night and woke up to a throbbing headache, which in the past has been a sign that my BP is elevated. So I believe diet plays a big role and also exercise.