Girls trying to gain weight, need advice and friends :)

Options
Hiya my name is jenny, i am trying to put weight on i started at 6st 10 and my goal is 7st 10 at least.
I am trying to find the right foods to wat that is high in calories

Replies

• torsrudr
    torsrudr Posts: 6
    Options
    I have many friends who have gained good weight (muscle) through strength training and a healthy diet with a higher amount of protein.
  • jenny_lo1
    jenny_lo1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh really, tbh i have no idea about putting weight on the foods or anything. Just know iv got to eat to put it on
  • calebgaines15
    calebgaines15 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing and what I've found is try eating foods that have alot of calories and it shouldn't be too hard
  • _crystalorgans
    Options
    Hi! Im trying to gain weight ad well. I'm doing high calorie, protien, and carbs. I'm recovering from losing too much years ago
  • jenny_lo1
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Its great to hear your all doin well :D What kind of foods have you found is high in calories??
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Figure out what your calorie maintenance is (if you don't already know)
    Add 250 calories on top of that (for now)
    Pick a progressive lifting program

Eat all the things
    Lift all the things
    Rest all the things

Lather
    Rinse
    Repeat.

Aim for 4-6 months. Under 3 months is going to be not as productive- the shortest I would go would be 3. Most people get really uncomfortable around 3 and have great gains between that 4-5 range.

Be diligent with your tracking- its SO incredible easy to under eat and miss- it's incredible hard eating over eating for long periods of time. It's almost more important to track while gaining than it is for losing.

Buy some stretchy pants/comfie easy dresses.

Tell your SO what you're doing and tell them to be patient with you- because you're gonna have some bad days doubting yourself. Stay the course. Bulking requires full confidence and blind faith that what you are doing will work. Stay the course.

Then repeat the process in reverse- calorie deficit- lifting. perhaps some added cardio if you like. Lose the fat- look fabulous.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Almonds. Heavy things. Peanut butter. Heavier things.
  • jenny_lo1
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thank you all :) i was 6st 10 and iv been trying to find the right food to make as im always on the go. Iv been having chicken and bacon wraps to take with me :/ i am now 6st 13 i would be happy to get to 7st 10 my calories a day is 1,940 i struggled to meet that a couple of weeks ago and thought i would never reach it, now im nearly always going over.
  • kiyapiya
    kiyapiya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter , whipped cream , potatoes , yams , bananas are 100 calories !!, high calorie protein shakes with added fruits and almonds .
  • Adonis_007
    Adonis_007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been trying forever to gain weight
    But the start of the year i took it much more serious and I have gained 22lbs (1.57stone) so far...
    I did that by having high calories shake every night.. (Peanut Butter, double cream, banana, whole milk, Nutella)
  • calebgaines15
    calebgaines15 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is high in calories and I eat it all the time and with it there's nothing bad for you in it... but another is fast foods like McDonald's the thing is that it's probably not too good for you even tho one sandwich is like 350 to 500 cals so I guess it comes too preference really
  • jenny_lo1
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Fast food as in mc donalds is not healthy for my boy although i wish it was lol, i ment something i could just grab as im always on the go, peanut butter is defo on our list now thank you
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    jenny_lo1 wrote: »
    Fast food as in mc donalds is not healthy for my boy although i wish it was lol, i ment something i could just grab as im always on the go, peanut butter is defo on our list now thank you

Hiya im also trying to gain healthy add me as friend always nice to have people in same situation as yourself xxx
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    For higher cal foods try fatty meats (chicken thigh with skin, not breast, steaks with fat, lamb etc) and oily fish, whole eggs, avocado, nuts/butter, full fat dairy. Cook in oil (coconut) and use oils or butter where possible - drizzle olive oil on vegies, salad etc. Fats are the most calorie dense macronutrient so will increase cals with the least volume.

Choose more carb dense vegies and fruit (starchy/root vegetables, banana, dates) and add plenty of grains/beans/legumes, also things like honey, maple syrup (any liquid sweetener!)

I would also second the recommendation to lift weights and build some muscle - your body will thank you for it!

• alisonbinks
    Options
    If my calories are low towards the end of the day, I shove loads of stuff in the blender (salad, cucumber, celery, berries, carrots, tomatoes, orange juice with 3 tablespoons of flaxseed oil). Lots of vitamins and the pure fat in the flaxseed oil pushes the calories up. I'd never be able to eat that much but drinking it is easy.
  • emlou112
    emlou112 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 7 stone, 5ft 6, 27 years old and I have two kids. I've always been the 'skinny one' in my family, I eat and enjoy everything, salads, veggies, carbs, the whole lot but when I think about I would rarely finish a meal, I'm a picker, I seem to snack all day, I'm also a really slow eater, I chew my food a lot, so everybody is always finished eating way before me. In my late teens to early twenties pre-baby, I was 8.5 stone, at my heaviest during pregnancy I was a little under 11 stone. I lost the baby weight super fast without really knowing it and it seems I've continued to lose weight without meaning to. Anyway my reason for wanting to gain weight is because I want feel more 'womanly', any other girls get what I mean? So I'm looking for all the friends, tips, I can get, because I don't have anyone in my life in the same boat, everyone I know is either healthy weight or overweight.
  • Bockerz
    Bockerz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Emlou, your eating habits sound similar to mine. I've had times when my food has gotten cold by the time I'm almost finished. I'm 7st 10 and want to gain around a stone. I really struggle with it because I don't particularly enjoy food. I was ill for a couple of months which resulted in my losing weight and I just can not gain it back. I am hoping using the diary here will help me to see what I'm eating because sadly I sometimes forget to eat. :s
  • paymoreforatrim
    paymoreforatrim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    jenny_lo1 wrote: »
    Thank you all :) i was 6st 10 and iv been trying to find the right food to make as im always on the go. Iv been having chicken and bacon wraps to take with me :/ i am now 6st 13 i would be happy to get to 7st 10 my calories a day is 1,940 i struggled to meet that a couple of weeks ago and thought i would never reach it, now im nearly always going over.

take your time, eat right, train hard and keep your calories over maintenance :smiley: