To the lifters out there. What is the first song on your playlist?

Options
DedRepublic
DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
Maybe I'm just weird...but I start all workouts with just listening to this in the car outside the gym...I just sit in the car and listen for the first 1:45 seconds..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-XeJePIz5U

When this song get's to the 1:45 second mark, I start this next song as I leave the car and walk straight for the pullup bar and do a painfully slow and controlled 10 rep pullup set with 2 sec pause at the top followed by a tempo set of dips. Then I do similar superset but starting with a supinated grip pullup set followed by dips again. By this point I'm feeling pretty beastly and the workout can now begin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCCkDQ6gbg4

Some of you will catch the Zyzz influence...but I'm on a cut...and still mirin brah.

Robert

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't listen to music when I train.... Ever.
    (with the exception of what's playing in the gym... But I don't actually listen to that)
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ha, I love the narrative, and really like especially your first song. I’m a bit torn about music, as I sometimes wonder if I’d focus better without it. But then as I turn it off I hear the bro-chatter and invariably go back to the music.

My first song lately has been this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET7Ool24mE4&spfreload=10

My fave middle-of-the-pack song is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRfuAukYTKg&spfreload=10

I try to imagine I’m made out of titanium. This does involve The Terminator flashbacks. I kind of love Arnie. :blush: Anyway, this came on during my deadlifts yesterday and it was Epic.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Track one, which will usually occur during my big compound lift of the session is invariably "I'm Broken" by Pantera.
  • Exegi_Corpus
    Exegi_Corpus Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Slayer

Album: Diabolus in musica
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Volbeat -- A Warrior's Call
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    '59 times the pain - stay hardcore with 59' followed by the rest of the album 'more out of today'.
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Haven't used headphones lately, but for a while it was Trap Them – *kitten* Viva
  • shonako
    shonako Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Kayne west stronger.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Don't listen as frequently but I always found Pantera Becoming to be the best for squats and deads.
  • javenharris2015
    javenharris2015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Eye of the tiger
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWBs-b7Rx6s

or.... ace or bass, or aqua, or CALL HIM MISTER RAIDER, CALL HIM MISTER WRONG, CALL HIM MISTER VAIN vain vain vain OH I KNOW WHAT I WANT AND I WANT IT NOW ...

I actually listed to metal and punk, but good ol' cheesy pop gets me in the mood for working out.
  • McKittyJane
    McKittyJane Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Mama said knock you out by five finger death punch. Or some avenged sevenfold or seether or something
  • DedRepublic
    Options
    Mama said knock you out by five finger death punch. Or some avenged sevenfold or seether or something

Will have to check those out.
  • SimSpirit
    Options
    Lil Reese - Us
  • Caimelo
    Caimelo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • DedRepublic
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    good ol' cheesy pop gets me in the mood for working out.

Love it! Ace of Base eh? :/;)

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Seether - Remedy always is awesome, although I don't start lifting with a particular song. If something comes up that I hate (I have an overall workout playlist, and some songs are cardio only and not good for lifting), I'll flip to the next song.
  • gurjants
    gurjants Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same damn time by future ft diddy & ludacris
    And of course
    Sandstorm by Darude
  • DedRepublic
    Options
    gurjants wrote: »
    Sandstorm by Darude

Sandstorm takes me back....good times. Also reminds me of the Ax Murderer WANDERLEI SILLLVVAAAA!!! It was his entrance music for his fights.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't have a "first song" on the play list- I mean I do- but it's whatever got synced last and how I arranged the list.

I usually will go to whatever song I have recently purcahsed.

This week is Big Bad Wolf by In This Moment (Thank you @MireyGal76)- great CD. Dirty Pretty- Sick Like Me- Sounds like she sampled a lot of Manson- even some Metallica. It's good if you like her stuff- and she's very polaraizing.

Also Janelle Monet's new song Yoga.
    GURL.

can't
    Even.

Adrenalize me is a good one. I have a lot- they all make me happy.