Putting it out there

Options
Okay before I go any further with this topic....This is a NONJUDGEMENTAL DRAMA FREE ZONE.....

There are many people on here with an ED and Im sure some are like me and to scared to talk about it. I am admitting that I need additional help. This is not a cry for attention or a plea for sympathy just a fact that I am stating. I want people to come together to help one another....not judge or give their opinions on why its wrong because until you have lived with it day in and day out year after year. You have no idea how it feels. The control it takes over you and your life. So please post here if you have an ED or pm me. Even if no one replies...I just want everyone to know there is an ear and a shoulder available to you. Maybe if we all join together we can help one another beat it.

Love you all

Shannon :heart:

Replies

• SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Shan,

I Love you!

♥ Hil
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Shan,

I Love you!

♥ Hil

I love you too babygirl
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    Yeah anyone talking **** on someone with an eating disorder (or enabling it by sayin "good job!" on a diary of 500 cals) should be taken out into the field.
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Shan,

I Love you!

♥ Hil

Ditto
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    What's an ED? I thought that meant erectile dysfunction....I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just curious.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    What's an ED? I thought that meant erectile dysfunction....I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just curious.
    Oh, hahaha! Me so dumb!
  • bellyto5k
    bellyto5k Posts: 26
    Options
    Kudos to you for putting this out there an making yourself available for those who need a friend. I do not have an eating disorder and was not familiar with the accronym... so for a little giggle for the day, I thought you were talking about erectile disfunction and was WAY confused about your profile pic!! :)

PS.. you look beautiful!! :)
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options

ED eating disorder....
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Shannon, you are awesome. Love ya girl.
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yeah anyone talking **** on someone with an eating disorder (or enabling it by sayin "good job!" on a diary of 500 cals) should be taken out into the field.

LOL!!! Agree....I'll provide the field!
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    ed + eating disorder and I fully support being supportive and helping people get help
  • bellyto5k
    bellyto5k Posts: 26
    Options
    hahah apparently Im not the only one not in the "know"!! hahah sicko perv girly minds!!
  • ♥jewel♥
    ♥jewel♥ Posts: 839
    Options
    I have always lived by "don't judge other lest other judge you" or something to that affect. I don't judge others, it's not my place. I don't give an opinion unless it is asked for.

You know I am here for you, Shannon, always have been, always will be.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Recovered here...but I've lived the ED life and know just how much time and energy it sucks out of you.

BIG BIG HUGS to you.
  • julia23
    julia23 Posts: 87
    Options
    ED = Eating Disorder.
    Erectile Dysfunction, i'm not mocking at all but that did make me laugh!

Again anyone with any problems or family with EDs give me an add or message! I've only just posted about my ED and had so many lovely adds and messages well worth getting out there there's a lot of support i had no idea about! x
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you Shanny ....you know that *hugs*:heart::flowerforyou:
  • NurdyNurse
    NurdyNurse Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you... I have an odd one and have never posted for fear of criticism. I appreciate your candidness. Good Luck!!! ~patty
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    I do not have an ED but I do have a best friend that almost died from one... and yes day in and day out for years I watched her suffer with this disease and I felt like at times I was going through it with her. I do not pretend to know what it's like for that individual person what so ever, but my experiences have given me some insight as to the effect and the tole it can have on that person and their family and friends. I just wanted to lead you my "understanding" and support.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

LOL! You're not wrong! *** Just laughing at the association NOT at those with an eating disorder.

I've NEVER seen MFP get all nasty on those with an ed. Caloriecount.com was crazy about that! The yelling accusing people they were starving and then the threads and groups of really young girls encouraging each other to stay under 300-400 cals a day that were constantly shut down by moderators got really tiring.

* Not a sufferer here, a secret admirer which makes me a little “crazy” as well but it's just a thought not a psychological disorder for me so I wish you all well and lots of support.