We are down 190 lbs!!!

Options
ejohnson_ar
ejohnson_ar Posts: 36 Member
My wife and I have been doing this together. We just finally sat down and made a blog post sharing our success and tips. We hope that it helps other people!!

We have been doing just one change a week and trying to support each other on our bad days. We don't have a gym membership, we live paycheck to paycheck. It's amazing to me that we spend less at the grocery store than we ever have before!!

I hope this post helps those who are making the change. :D

http://coveredincrafts.blogspot.com/2015/04/so-weve-lost-lot-of-weight-heres-what.html

Replies

• LastingHealth
    LastingHealth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your inspirational story. :)
  • crystal_oo
    crystal_oo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Looking good, way to go! You both look awesome! Thank you for the tips also... here's a question, does coconut oil change the taste of what you're cooking? I RARELY fry anything or use oil, but it's something I'd like to try. I've been trying to cook more...

Anyway, you both look awesome. Very inspiring!
  • spunkyabroad
    spunkyabroad Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow! You both look great.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and nice work to you both! So great to have a spouse to share the journey with. don't tell my husband but there have been times over the years that I wished he had a weight problem too so we could work on it together! :smile:

He is 100% supportive and loves me no matter my size BUT it is maddening....
  • Lacey0903
    Lacey0903 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    crystal_oo wrote: »
    Looking good, way to go! You both look awesome! Thank you for the tips also... here's a question, does coconut oil change the taste of what you're cooking? I RARELY fry anything or use oil, but it's something I'd like to try. I've been trying to cook more...

Anyway, you both look awesome. Very inspiring!

Yes, it does change the taste a bit but not in a bad way. It's the only oil we use now. Sometimes I'll toss in butter without thinking & realize I now hate the smell of it in the pan. Lol
  • Lacey0903
    Lacey0903 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job. You both look amazing! I love seeing couples doing it together.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Amzing job!!
  • renighorn
    renighorn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story. You both look great!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Yay!
    And I totally want to steal your wife's (or your) dress!

I wish my husband would do this with me. He refuses and needs it even more than I. :(
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Loved your bloggy post and your gorgeous family.
    You both look fabulous. Well done!
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    You both look great!!! Love the dress.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    First off, congratulations!! That is wonderful. It's great that you have someone supporting you :)

Secondly, I sooo agree with you about the trips to the grocery stores. I used to go at least twice a week to restock my junk food and would stay minimum of an hour and a half. Now I go once every two weeks and stay less than half an hour. In and out, and only coming out with better choices! This has been good for my weight loss along with my wallet. lol

Congrats again!!
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You have done a fantastic job and thanks for sharing your tips. You seem such a lovely couple :) Liked the other blog posts as well.
  • tanyastjean
    tanyastjean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you both! You look great!
  • gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You both look great!!! Love the dress.

I was thinking the same... love that dress and I love that tattoo! You both look amazing and a lot of good advice for me to take to heart.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have been doing this together. We just finally sat down and made a blog post sharing our success and tips. We hope that it helps other people!!

We have been doing just one change a week and trying to support each other on our bad days. We don't have a gym membership, we live paycheck to paycheck. It's amazing to me that we spend less at the grocery store than we ever have before!!

I hope this post helps those who are making the change. :D

http://coveredincrafts.blogspot.com/2015/04/so-weve-lost-lot-of-weight-heres-what.html

Hears to you both for doing a fantastic job getting healthier :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!