Diet pills

Options
what do you think of these guys? Recommendations? Things to avoid? Etc?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Avoid them completely. They're scams and the only thing you'll lose is money.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Avoid them completely. They're scams and the only thing you'll lose is money.

This.

Avoid at all costs.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    averyace wrote: »
    Things to avoid?

Yes
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Spend the money on food, log it in your tracker, repeat every day until you reach your goal, and you won't regret it.
  • cliffjohns7575
    cliffjohns7575 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been using ace from saba. They have helped curve my appetite. I'm one that love certain foods (oddly things like burger helper, Cresent rolls, biscuits). When cooked I would gorge myself from loving them. With saba I fill up so I don't gorge. As for wieght loss doubt any work. The only true way is you have to work for what you want.
  • bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Most of them are diuretics. This means at best you'll pee a lot, lose 5lbs, and gain it back when you drink water. In addition, you risk chronic UTIs, leading to pelvic inflamitory disease, and possible infertility. Of couse, worst case scenario is severe electrolyte imbalance from chronic dehydration, leading to your heart stopping (aka death).

And, then there's speed -
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    what do you think of these guys? Recommendations? Things to avoid? Etc?

I think (know) I won't take them. I don't recommend them and I would avoid all types of them. imo.
  • bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The worst that's happened to me at the gym was missing my step on the elliptical and bruising my shin. Using a risk analysis scale.....
  • Navia1
    Navia1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! Thank you for your replies!! Bluworld definitely scared me. What are the chances of that happening? I just tried out this ambrosia cambodia today. Maybe I should stop..
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine has something called "The Operah Test" to tell whether or not they've invented a diet pill that actually works yet. Operah is insanely rich, and clearly very interested in losing weight. If there was a pill or a product, no matter how ludicrously expensive, that could make weight loss easy, she'd have bought the patent, the company, and whatever mine or part of the rain forest she'd need to harvest to make it, just so that she could be standing at the end of the conveyors when the first bottle rolled off the line. As long as Operah is fat, you know that no product, for any amount of money, will make weight loss simple.
  • Navia1
    Options
    bluworld wrote: »
    The worst that's happened to me at the gym was missing my step on the elliptical and bruising my shin. Using a risk analysis scale.....

Ahahaha okok you are right, I guess it's not worth it! I will go to the gym more often instead.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! Thank you for your replies!! Bluworld definitely scared me. What are the chances of that happening? I just tried out this ambrosia cambodia today. Maybe I should stop..

Super super low, but not impossible.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine has something called "The Operah Test" to tell whether or not they've invented a diet pill that actually works yet. Operah is insanely rich, and clearly very interested in losing weight. If there was a pill or a product, no matter how ludicrously expensive, that could make weight loss easy, she'd have bought the patent, the company, and whatever mine or part of the rain forest she'd need to harvest to make it, just so that she could be standing at the end of the conveyors when the first bottle rolled off the line. As long as Operah is fat, you know that no product, for any amount of money, will make weight loss simple.

I like this example :smiley:
  • Navia1
    Options
    As long as Operah is fat, you know that no product, for any amount of money, will make weight loss simple.

Fantastic, although a depressing point. Well looks like its the old fashion way for me...