How many grapes in one serving and calories

Options
There are so many conflicting entries in the database. They're not huge just a regular size...

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Grapes are approximately 70 calories for 100 grams.
  • Komodo26
    Komodo26 Posts: 55
    Options
    Guess I better go invest in a scale asap
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yup, that's a great help. Practically indispensable if you want to count calories :smile:
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Bump because I still haven't found the proper entry in the database. Why isn't there a non-asterisked entry for grapes??

55835802.png

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    Bump because I still haven't found the proper entry in the database. Why isn't there a non-asterisked entry for grapes??

55835802.png
    I just checked the desktop database and see it as the option. It doesn't appear to be on the app, perhaps a glitch from the latest update.

http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/2288?fgcd=&manu=&lfacet=&format=&count=&max=35&offset=&sort=&qlookup=grape
    You can look for one that matches the USDA database until MFP sorts it out.

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask this same question! I can't find the un-asterisked MFP grape entry in the database no matter how I search. "Grapes raw," "grapes," "whole grapes," "grapes seedless"... none of them return anything but user entries. What do I input to find the official entry?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    screen.png
    I just entered grapes.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @spacequiztime It looks like you searched from FOOD > Database, which displays the non-asterisked entry. However, the non-asterisked entry does not display when searched from FOOD > Food Diary > Add Food; which means that a user can not use the non-asterisked entry in both the Food Diary and the Old Recipe Calculator, because they seem to use the same search function.
    I have seen this recently with "Garlic - Raw" and "Bananas - Raw," and reported it to Customer Support. Those entries took a couple days to get restored.
    I will open a Case with Customer Support later tonight to ask them to fix this.
    @Olivia and @Rachel here is another item that has disappeared from the Add Food to Meal workflow.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    @spacequiztime It looks like you searched from FOOD > Database, which displays the non-asterisked entry. However, the non-asterisked entry does not display when searched from FOOD > Food Diary > Add Food; which means that a user can not use the non-asterisked entry in both the Food Diary and the Old Recipe Calculator, because they seem to use the same search function.
    I have seen this recently with "Garlic - Raw" and "Bananas - Raw," and reported it to Customer Support. Those entries took a couple days to get restored.
    I will open a Case with Customer Support later tonight to ask them to fix this.
    @Olivia and @Rachel here is another item that has disappeared from the Add Food to Meal workflow.

Thanks @CyberTone... I have updated the bug ticket where this is being investigated that bananas are back but now grapes are gone. Thank you much for your help!