Activity level?

Options
how did you determine your activity level? And/or would that really matter? My current job (mail processing, sorting packages), I'm on my feet pretty much 8hrs/ day. And work out 3x/week, weights and light cardio. I set myself up as lightly active.

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    That sounds like it might work. See how it goes and adjust if needed.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i would say thats probably accurate. i wouldnt consider my workouts 'daily' activity', though. its on top of your true daily activity (job).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Just pick one, log properly, and if you lose too fast/slow, adjust.
  • 505n8v
    505n8v Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Will do. Thanks for the input.
  • Jbubello
    Jbubello Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and the app links to MFP app, so it knows how active you are and a great feature s you can monitor!
  • cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I would say lightly active for all the days you work and then add workout calories on top of that and eat some of them back (say, 50% of them).
  • Exegi_Corpus
    Exegi_Corpus Posts: 84 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Depending on your body mass and fat % your daily min. intake will change. This is mostly calculated my hand or electronic measurements and different types of them. On the training days you add up the adequate calories on top of that depending on your trainings intensity.

For example;

My measurements showed that I needed to take 3100-3200 calories daily to maintain my muscular structure and on training days (which is 6 days per week) because of high intensity training I need to consume +500 calories to that.

There is a nice body building page to show you how you can approx. calculate your, so to say, base calorie need.