no change in body ..

Options
Hey guys ,
I've lost 12 lbs.. I feel good.. the scale reflects my weight loss .but I am not seeing change in my body.. what could be the reason???? I sure do feel like I lost 12lbs tho

Replies

• melonmoo91
    melonmoo91 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am only just starting to notice a difference in my clothes after 2st 8lbs
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    You should probably take actual measuring tape measurements. I wear the same t-shirts, jeans and dresses from 170 lbs to 132 lbs... Which is why I never notice when my weight is creeping UP and not down. >_< Depending on your style, you may not be able to tell for a while, unless you're used to checking yourself out closely in front of a mirror naked every day - which a lot of people don't.
  • desmondsdoll
    desmondsdoll Posts: 7
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've lost just over 3st 7lbs and I'm still not really noticing any physical difference in my body apart from my face, where there's no denying I look a lot slimmer - when I look at my body in the shower though I still look exactly the same and it's frustrating especially when I've only dropped 1 dress size.
    The thing is though, I ensure I take other things into account - such as the proof of my scales (I always use the same scales) and when I sit in the bath, my hips and bum are noticeably slimmer (no more danger of getting stuck!) and when I lie down on my back, I can certainly feel my hipbones whereas I couldn't before - it seems like my weight is coming away from my back and sides first, yet my breasts and tummy don't appear to have reduced (having said that, I have noticed since Friday that my profile is a little slimmer and my tummy hides itself under my top a bit more than it used to
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    For me, the measurements lagged. The number on the scale came now and the tape measure didn't move. Now, they are both moving, but scale moving more.
  • titania_one
    titania_one Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It can be pretty subtle... I lost 12 lbs and at first only my hands looked a bit thinner, I still don't SEE a whole lot of difference, but yesterday I realized I had to tighten my belt another notch or my pants were gonna fall down! So I'm sure the changes are there for you they might just be subtle so far. :)
  • suefairy123
    suefairy123 Posts: 52 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thanks guys for the replies... I will keep my eyes open.. and congratulations on your weight loss! !!!!