1300 cals and no loss

Options
I have been on the 5x2 diet for a while and lost 8lb, I changed to this diet and allowed 1500cal a day, but despite averaging 1300 cals, I have put 2lbs back on. What's all that about? I set a target of 2lb a week weight loss, but gained, any advice insults appreciated.

Replies

• cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food with a food scale? Not measuring cups, but actually weighing by grams, oz, etc. Otherwise you may very well be eating more than you think you are.
  • eazypcdoug
    Options
    I am weighing cerial and everything I can, checking all carbs and cals on everything, maybe it's because I just changed diets, I'm only a stone overweight, but it's all on my tummy, otherwise I'm very slim.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food?

Eating back all your exercise calories?

It's possible you're underreporting what you're eating and over reporting what you're burning.

How tall are you? I'm short so 1500 is my maintenance calories.

Tighten up your logging, don't eat all your exercise calories. If you still struggle, reduce your calorie intake a hair.
  • eazypcdoug
    Options
    Thank you, I will try your advice.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    How long is "a while"?
  • karencollman
    karencollman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Depending on your height, it may be that you are eating to little. I have had the experience of increasing my claories with more protein and then loosing more. Each body is different. Are you drinking lots of water?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Depending on your height, it may be that you are eating to little. I have had the experience of increasing my claories with more protein and then loosing more. Each body is different. Are you drinking lots of water?

Eating too little would still result in weight loss. Starvation mode is a myth.
  • eazypcdoug
    Options
    Hi Karen, I'm 5.9, and I don't drink a lot of water, tea and coffee if they count, I try to have more protein when I can.
  • eazypcdoug
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    How long is "a while"?
    Hi Zedeff, a while is three weeks, before I found this plan.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    eazypcdoug wrote: »
    Zedeff wrote: »
    How long is "a while"?
    Hi Zedeff, a while is three weeks, before I found this plan.

That's definitely not a lot of time. Give it more time.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuations from water weight are perfectly normal, it really doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    not every weight gain or loss on the scale is from fat. Oh, how I wish it was. As long as you stay in your calorie deficit, you should be ok. I went a week without losing any on the scale, so I decided to eat a very low carb dinner. The next day, I weighed 2 pds less. It was probably water loss, but it motivated me to keep going, so I didn't mind. I persevered and continued to lose every week as long as I stayed about 1200 calories per day. BTW, I hate the scale, I usually just weigh once per week, and I try my tight clothes on once per week, that's how I can really tell.