New Beginnings!

I am 44 yrs old. Was a Marine, a firefighter, and an amateur ice hockey player into my early 40s. Not all at once though. Now, I have decided to attempt this program and get myself back into shape. Seems legit if I can keep up with it. Fell out of the exercise circuit when I experienced PTSD and reached out for treatment for it. Been out of it now for years. I now have a 100# bag and a Total Fitness gym and the right mindset. I am at 225# now and intend to get down to 200 or below before 2016. I'll do another goal for the next year but for now, this is it. Hope this works and good luck to you all doing this program.

Replies

• It works I have dropped 150 lbs in a little over a year
  • Outstanding! WTG
  • sevenactual
    sevenactual Posts: 17 Member
    Semper Fi Marine. I am a Marine also.

MFP works. Let us know how it is working for you.

Jeff
  • parkeram73
    parkeram73 Posts: 14 Member
    Thank you for your service!!! Best of luck on your weight loss goals!! It's great to have an accountability partner to help keep you motivated!!!
  • decotterell
    decotterell Posts: 47 Member
    Thanks for your service. I was 9 years Army, am 48 years old, and a Paramedic for the County Department where I live. I was 219.5 on July 7, 2014. I have been successfully maintaining a weight of 160 for about 10 weeks now. I'll never run as fast as I did in my military days, but I feel really good exercising again. MFP does work, logging my food is second nature now. Just stay diligent.
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Ooh rah! You got this!. Time to take care of you. Many successful service men & women and their parents. Check out the blogs and different groups a lot of experience and support. Thanks for your service.
  • StellaLanausse
    StellaLanausse Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all, I only started reporting my meals 4 days ago but I really like and am motivate by the blurb on here after I post my day that says "if every day were like today you would weigh" so much in 5 weeks" That really gets to me - today my car broke down - I walked a total of 3 hours because of it and I was so excited when I read that if every day was like today I would be down 9 lbs in 5 weeks. So, I know what I need to do and I wish You all success ....
  • MsPican
    MsPican Posts: 46 Member
    Plan meals for on the go. Keep healthy snack. You'll figure out what you like n don't like. I make my own juice. I take note of which ones are giving energy. When I'm tired it's hard to eat right. I gained this week. Its only one lb but I have a list of foods I ate and how to go about this week better. Never beat yourself up. Just learn from it, prepare and move forward. Good luck