Tae Bo Alive Again!

Options
Anyone still do Tae Bo? I'm back on it and it's great cardio!

Replies

• dfwsweety
    dfwsweety Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi From Texas! OMG...I thought I was the only one that still liked this workout! I was actually contemplating getting another set of Billy Blanks dvds LOL Seems like that's the only thing that works for me!
  • barbiereynolds701
    barbiereynolds701 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I do it about once a week....it's still super hard for me....5 minutes just about kills me...
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I loved his workouts, did them for years. Would do them still, if I could. Always got great results.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I still do it once a week. I absolutely love doing the TAE BO Extreme Live DVD. It's an awesome 60 minute workout that has a lot of cast members from some of his earlier days.
  • Desi2479
    Desi2479 Posts: 909 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I love Tae Bo! Sometimes the 20 minute basic workout from, what? 20 years ago is just the perfect thing to get me off the couch. I did a boot camp this week for the first time in years and realized I need new bands. Apparently they dry out and get crackly (for lack of a better word) when you don't use them. They still seem to stretch just fine, but have fears of one snapping apart and smacking me in the eye in the middle of a workout.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I love tae bo!!!!
  • mrshiq
    mrshiq Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This post comes at the perfect time!! LOL! I just did the Tae-Bo Fat Blasting Cardio Dvd the other day!! I couldn't find my bands (need to look for them today), but I still got a heck of a workout!!!

I just love Billy Blanks! He really is quite motivating! I still have the VCR tapes too! LOL! I used those in college, now--- 20 years later... I'm still loving Tae-Bo!!! :-)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    haha I used to steal my mom's Billy Blanks VHS tape! Such a great workout
  • jenny0534
    jenny0534 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just completed the advance vhs! Remembered the pain that came with the floor workout and why I just stuck to the 20 minute video instead!
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I wish I could find the original instructional and basic on DVD. I don't have my VCR any more. It was a good fun workout.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I used to do those in college, lol. These days I do turbo jam if I'm kickboxing, but I have a soft spot for good ol Billy!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I found my dvds!!!!!! Yayyyyyy time to get back into it! I wonder if it be as hard as I remember
  • Erebekah33
    Erebekah33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    dfwsweety wrote: »
    Hi From Texas! OMG...I thought I was the only one that still liked this workout! I was actually contemplating getting another set of Billy Blanks dvds LOL Seems like that's the only thing that works for me!

• Erebekah33
    Options
    Erebekah33 wrote: »
    dfwsweety wrote: »
    Yes I know. I was the same!!! I got on Billys website a set called PT24/7 With bands and its killer!!! only 30mins ea dvd and so far so good...
  • Erebekah33
    Options
    I have his older ones from back in the day lolol at that time I was in my early 20s! thought I would never use them again...but He is alive in my house! :-) I'm so glad I'm not the only one! :-)
  • FindingMyHappyFitness
    Options
    Man, Tae Bo is one my favorite ways to get in shape. He's a killer. I just started up again this past weekend, wonder if any of y'all are still moving to his beat? 40 minutes of tough love. Hard, but so worth it.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Love Billy! I really like his Bootcamp series, which I think fuses Tae Bo and various bootcamp-style calisthenics stuff (burpees, push-ups, etc). Never tried the straight Tae Bo workouts though, I should, now that a bunch are likely on YouTube.

I think those videos, which were my first attempts at "working out" ever, were really empowering for me, and showed me what I was capable of accomplishing. And laid the foundation for me realizing how positive and powerful physical activity is for me.

And I love his motto in the Bootcamp series (not sure if it's the same in his others): "Fit to fight to have a good life." And his focus on strength over aesthetics (not that he ignores aesthetics, but it's more "you're strong enough to work to achieve your goals" and less "six pack abs you guys!"). Definitely stuck with me.
  • DecemberPsalm
    DecemberPsalm Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Aww man, I always loved Tae Bo, I started back when I was a teen in the 90's with a couple VHS tapes and did it off and on for years, but unfortunately it doesn't get along with my back, lol. It always seems to flair up my pre-existing back issues. So I'll just live vicariously through you guys! :)
  • patelshona
    patelshona Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just love, love, love Billy!! God bless him for Tae bo. I am 19 and college student. I barely get time for gym. Since last two years I have been on/off with home workouts. I have tried everything from Jillian to Shaun T but the only thing that keeps me hooked up is Tae bo. Last year I lost almost 10 kgs in 4 months with regular Tae bo but then stopped doing it and started eating junk again due to busy life and the pounds are back.

I have started again. This time with more determination but the only thing thats gonna get me through this is Tae bo AND Billy ofcourse. Whatever he says gives you soooo much hope. You feel like a good person. Really !!. :smile: