Finally, my very own success story.

Options
It was September 2007, I was 20-years-old, in the midst of a failing 3-year relationship, and looked to food and booze for comfort. I didn't realize how much I had let myself go. I thought I'd gained maybe 20 lbs since I'd last bothered to weigh myself. The day I stepped on the scale and saw that I weighed 196 lbs. (on a 5'3" frame) I was in shock. I cried my eyes out. I hated myself. I decided that day I wanted to make a change for the better (leaving that relationship was one of those changes, but that's a different story).

I failed several times. I'd lose some weight, gain some weight, lose motivation then get it back again. My weight fluctuated between 165 - 185 for about 5 years, depending on how motivated I was at the time.
In mid 2012, a year and a half into a new (and stable!) relationship, I started getting serious about losing weight again and managed to get down to 140 lbs. I was pretty proud but wasn't happy yet. I still had work to do.

Shortly after reaching 140 lbs. I found out I was pregnant, so I would have to put my weight-loss on hold. I got lucky, during my pregnancy I only gained 25 lbs. which brought me back up to 165 lbs again. I would have to start all over. Again. On September 30, 2013 I had my beautiful daughter, Lilith Abigail, and my weight got put on the back burner for awhile. It was winter time and I was distracted by my precious baby anyway.

In April 2014, I decided I wanted to try again. I'd lost weight before, I could do it again. This time I did it right and for the right reasons. I wanted to be healthy for myself but also wanted to be a healthy influence for my child. Getting into better shape for my boyfriend was an added bonus, though he said he thought I looked beautiful before too (<3). I didn't see it though. I started walking and eventually jogging, watched what and how much I ate, stopped drinking soda and started drinking more water. All baby steps towards a healthier lifestyle. I had finally realized there was no quick fix. I just had to really want it to be successful.

As of April this year, 2015, I'm down to my lowest weight of 120 lbs. I lost 45 lbs. in a year with just a little hard work and dedication, and have lost 76 lbs in total. I'm glad I stuck with it. I still have some more work to do, but it'll focus more on resistance/weight training to build and tone some muscle, so it'll be a whole new adventure. My confidence level has improved so much, and so has my energy level. Best of all, now I can also be the healthy, happy role model for my daughter and have the energy/stamina to keep up with her!

um7ja0iju4zs.jpg

I don't have a picture at my highest weight of 196 lbs, but this picture was taken in September 2009 and I was around 185 lbs.

locj6xacu89i.jpeg

This picture was taken in November 2011, I weighed around 185 lbs as well.

r5nhtphemu44.jpg

wogr1di57t40.jpg

matiym9pnlq4.jpg

The last 3 pictures were taken within the last couple weeks, at my current weight of 120 lbs.

Replies

• adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING. Congratulations!
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wtg girl!!!!!
  • TabethaMarie87
    TabethaMarie87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies!
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look great!
  • nvmy2pits
    nvmy2pits Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're beautiful!
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look amazing! Great corset, I have one similar which I can't wait to get back into. I'm also 5 ft 3 with a goal weight of 120 (well, 8 and a half stone which is 119 but basically the same) - 34 lbs to go. You are inspiring :)
  • _m0lly
    _m0lly Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    This is so lovely. Well done :blush:
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    great job - you are gorgeous!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    wow, this is awesome!
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    u look great! love your style as well!
  • cswhite17
    cswhite17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation, you look like a different person! Well done on all your hard work :smiley:
  • TabethaMarie87
    Options
    Thank you all for the nice compliments! That's awesome if I can be inspiring to anyone! I do kind of feel like a different person in a way.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Really great Tabetha. You look amazing. You must get a lot of comments from people about the change. Must feel great! Congrats girl!!
  • eisterunicorn
    eisterunicorn Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Wowww what an inspiring transformation!!! You go girl!! :D<3
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You look great and are gorgeous!
  • melizaac
    melizaac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if this is too personal but I'm wondering if you've had any issues with loose skin? I need to lose about the same amount that you have. Thanks!

P.S MEOW! You look fabulous!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You did it! You rock!!!!
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great girl! Congrats! Your story sounds a little like mine with the ups and downs and distractions along the way.....I am really hoping I can stay dedicated this time around and someday have a success story liek yours! Great job!
  • TabethaMarie87
    Options
    Thank you all for the compliments; I'm glad I can help inspire/motivate any of you on your journey. Looks like I'll be back on the weight-loss wagon come next year, I just recently found out I'm pregnant again and due in December. Hopefully I'll be lucky again this time around and only gain the recommended 25 lbs! Melizaac, regarding loose skin, I have just a tiny bit but honestly nothing a little resistance/weight-training can't fix. As long as you're getting there gradually and not losing too much too fast, and drinking lots of water, you shouldn't have to worry about much loose skin.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!