Any tips?

What is the best workout schedule? Id like to workout mon-sat have sun off i want to lose fat but also tone up my arms and legs I dont want musclar arms. Any tips? Do I do cardio everyday?

Replies

• daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    do a mix of weights and cardio, more weights :smile:
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited April 2015
    Resistance Monday Wednesday Friday. Full body each day, no more than 1 hour per workout.

If you want to do weights two days in a row or more than 3 days a week, then look into a split routine. But it's not necessary for a beginner because your body will respond well to 3x full body workouts

Cardio on off days, no more than 1 hour, unless you're training for something.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Resistance Monday Wednesday Friday. Full body each day, no more than 1 hour per workout.

If you want to do weights two days in a row or more than 3 days a week, then look into a split routine. But it's not necessary for a beginner because your body will respond well to 3x full body workouts

Cardio on off days, no more than 1 hour, unless you're training for something.

^^ I was going to type the exact same thing.

The only way you can bulk up is a calorie surplus.. and somehow getting lots of testosterone. Since that doesn't apply to you, lift heavy, to maximize your results. It's best to follow a pro-designed strength program, like NROLFW, Stronglifts, a personal trainer's plan, etc.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    The best workout plan is one that you can stick with for a long time. I personally have done most types of workouts one time or another. They all get the job done of burning calories. Heres my input:

1) running/walking. Good for relaxing and you can let your mind wander. Walking is good for starters and easy and burns good amount of calories. Running is cool!

2) home exercise videos: These are good and have a good mix of cardio and strength training. For me personally I could never get into them deeply. I like to reserve them for when I am travelling or have some other reason not to hit the gym or go for walk etc.

3) martial arts/boxing: I love to box. 3 times a week, 2 hours class, you get drained of ALLLLL your energy. Good for weight loss plus you are learning a self-defense skill!!

4)Heavy weight lifting: I enjoy it. Depending on the program, you can spend 1 hour 3-5 days a week in the gym. Pros are that it gives you a nice toned body (don't think it will make you bulky and manly, i will link you a thread to showcase it doesn't), it allows you to eat more (specially meat)!!! Low amount of time required. Cons are, that you will need a gym or gym equipment. I suggest you checkout stronglifts 5x5. Great starter lifting program.

Heres the thread I mention:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/987513/lifting-is-the-most-horrible-thing-to-a-woman-since-twiggy#latest
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    There is not a single exercise plan that works for everyone. What do you like? If you have no idea, then experiment with different sports and classes, try walking, running, swimming, dancing, resistance training etc and figure out what works for you. Find something that you can do based on your schedule, location etc, and that you feel you will enjoy doing for a while. There is no single answer for everyone.
  • Thanks everyone ☺️ That helped a lot!!!