Who has kept it off

Options
crazyjerseygirl
crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
I love seeing before and after photos, but I have one question, how long have you been at "after". I really can't afford to bounce back, and I'd love to see/hear from some folks who did it once and did it good!

Replies

• moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Since August of 2014. Lost 70. Still doing well
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Around 18 months now
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    moto450 wrote: »
    Since August of 2014. Lost 70. Still doing well

Wooo! Congratulations! That's awesome!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Around 18 months now

Bravo! I'll need that long just to lose the weight!
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    <---- I maintained at my after pic for a couple of years. Working on finishing it off now though
  • dalem48
    dalem48 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Since February 2014. Lost 150. Still averaging 10 pounds/month.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    runfoorun wrote: »
    <---- I maintained at my after pic for a couple of years. Working on finishing it off now though

Cool!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    dalem48 wrote: »
    Since February 2014. Lost 150. Still averaging 10 pounds/month.

Wow! Are you almost to goal?
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining since Dec 2013.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've been in maintenance since November of 2012. I've lost a little weight since then but not on purpose.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Maintaining goal range within 4lbs for 2 yrs, am currently cutting again to try and lower bf a little more though.
    I find its something I have to work at all of the time, I still log my food every day and my workouts have actually increased (although thats more to do with Fitbit challenges and me pushing myself more!).
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've been in maintenance for 2 years! It was way easier to lose then weight then to keep it off! haha
  • vjessup
    vjessup Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been on maintenance for four months. The hardest part for me is the "fear factor" that I'll regain some of the weight...but so far, so good.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Hit goal in November 2013, and have stayed within range since then. :smile:
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    4 years ago I weighed 236 - I'm now much less Fat and have higher lean body mass. and ! I weigh less. im in year 3 of maintaining that loss and am continuing to improve my body composition (less fat & more fat-free mass). I call that SLEEKER. The key is to create new habits that support the health & fitness that you want for life while kicking old habits that did not serve you to the curb. Embrace that it is NOT a Diet - it's Life. You don't go On & Off. You are creating a new way of eating & moving that works for You.
  • LessofPenny
    LessofPenny Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am on my journey so no success story to share yet, but that was a good question and all the answers above have been very inspiring.

• sbeam26
    sbeam26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I went from 250 to 140 in 2011-2012. I have maintained that weight, but recently gained 10. Now I'm trying to get down to 125. :smiley:
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I have lost 65 lbs and have maintained my goal weight for 5 years now.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Pictures are in my profile. I lost 100 pounds in one year and I've kept it off close to 4 years now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!