Stupid plateau!

Options
Hey there fit friends! I need some advice regarding hitting a plateau with weight loss. My body is sticking at the 118-120 mark and won't cooperate. I train hard 5-6 days a week, I eat really well and track all my portions. I do notice with MFP that I'm in a major calorie deficit most days, could that be the culprit? Has anyone tried reverse dieting to get past a plateau? I like the idea of eating more to lose weight but it honestly scares me a bit because I don't want to gain.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? How long has it been since you've lost weight? Can you open up your diary?

118-120 is really low depending on your height, so it's going to be tough trying to lose as you don't have that much to lose, if anything.
  • hellsbells0706
    hellsbells0706 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3, I dont weigh myself often but last summer I was 118 and just the other day I checked the scale and I'm 119.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    plateau=eating at maintenance.

But to be frank how long has it been since you lost weight? If it's been a couple days or even a couple weeks I wouldn't worry just yet...weight loss is not linear.

I've gone almost 4 weeks without losing and then bam 2lbs gone...
  • hellsbells0706
    hellsbells0706 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

But to be frank how long has it been since you lost weight? If it's been a couple days or even a couple weeks I wouldn't worry just yet...weight loss is not linear.

I don't weigh myself often, last summer I was 118 and now I'm 119. I only eat around 1200 cals a day, a bit more on Saturdays as I have a cheat meal then.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    For six weeks, my weight loss slowed to about a third of what it "should" have been after having been spot on for about 10 months. Then, as soon as I complained about it, it started dropping at the rate it "should." No idea where that six weeks of deficit went, but it is what it is.

Eating too little isn't causing you not to lose weight.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

I don't weigh myself often, last summer I was 118 and now I'm 119. I only eat around 1200 cals a day, a bit more on Saturdays as I have a cheat meal then.

If you are training hard I suspect you are eating more than 1200....do you use a food scale? choose correct entries?