100 pounds in 6 months

Options

Replies

• techguymike7801
    techguymike7801 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's definitely been a struggle at times.
  • JoRolleNola
    JoRolleNola Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Amazing
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    So in other words, as long as you eat at least 1200 or more a day, you can exercise as much as you want without starving yourself? This is what confuses me. I've heard a lot of people on here talk about how unhealthy it is to do that, but want your body start burning off your fat before you starve to death? Am I making sense, or just talking jibberish? I'm desperate at this moment. I want to lose at least 5pds a week, not a measing 1 or 2pds. I'm 5'3 and weight 192lbs.
  • jee_nee_us
    jee_nee_us Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great job man.

• rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    that's like 4 pds a week. That is what I want to do. I hear all over this board that it is not good to lose that much per week. Is this just a myth. Congrats!
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Nice work man
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Job very well done! You're an inspiration.
  • Dogsandcatswow98
    Dogsandcatswow98 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great job!
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Congrats, great job :smile:
  • techguymike7801
    Options
    So in other words, as long as you eat at least 1200 or more a day, you can exercise as much as you want without starving yourself? This is what confuses me. I've heard a lot of people on here talk about how unhealthy it is to do that, but want your body start burning off your fat before you starve to death? Am I making sense, or just talking jibberish? I'm desperate at this moment. I want to lose at least 5pds a week, not a measing 1 or 2pds. I'm 5'3 and weight 192lbs.

Well I can't speak for other people or what you should do. I just know what worked for me and how I stay motivated.

Good luck!
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!!
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. As another posters asked, I am also curious to know how many calories a day have you been eating? Have you ate back your exercise cals?

I'm not sure of the exact amount of calories I've eaten. I didn't want to dwell on every calorie I ate. I'm guessing somewhere between 1500-2000. Each day was different. I racked for a little while just to get a better understanding of how many calories I could eat and still be ok.

The biggest thing for me though is that I go to the gym twice a day. Once in the morning before work and once in the evening. I pretty much just do cardio in the morning and then cardio/weights in the evening.

Also, I have my official weigh-ins every Friday morning and let myself eat a little more on the weekends so as not to feel guilty about going out once in a while or going to a birthday party etc...

Hopefully that answers your questions!
    Excellent progress. Keep it up! Two questions, if I may:

1) Has your rate of weight loss slowed over time or are you still losing about the same amount every month?

2) Going to the gym twice a day, every day? Or do you take rest days to let your body rebuild? Ever any issues with chronic fatigue or overtraining?

• techguymike7801
    Options
    Robertus wrote: »
    Amazing transformation. As another posters asked, I am also curious to know how many calories a day have you been eating? Have you ate back your exercise cals?

I'm not sure of the exact amount of calories I've eaten. I didn't want to dwell on every calorie I ate. I'm guessing somewhere between 1500-2000. Each day was different. I racked for a little while just to get a better understanding of how many calories I could eat and still be ok.

The biggest thing for me though is that I go to the gym twice a day. Once in the morning before work and once in the evening. I pretty much just do cardio in the morning and then cardio/weights in the evening.

Also, I have my official weigh-ins every Friday morning and let myself eat a little more on the weekends so as not to feel guilty about going out once in a while or going to a birthday party etc...

1) Has your rate of weight loss slowed over time or are you still losing about the same amount every month?

2) Going to the gym twice a day, every day? Or do you take rest days to let your body rebuild? Ever any issues with chronic fatigue or overtraining?

1. Some weeks are better than others. Some weeks I'll lose 5-7 pounds, other weeks I'll only lose 1 or 2. Last week I lost 8 and I'm on track to lose only about 1 or 2 this week.

2. No rest days. I'm talking 7 days a week, 31 days a month. The last time I didn't work out was in January while I was in Vegas. But I was doing so much walking there I didn't feel the need.
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Robertus wrote: »

1. Some weeks are better than others. Some weeks I'll lose 5-7 pounds, other weeks I'll only lose 1 or 2. Last week I lost 8 and I'm on track to lose only about 1 or 2 this week.

2. No rest days. I'm talking 7 days a week, 31 days a month. The last time I didn't work out was in January while I was in Vegas. But I was doing so much walking there I didn't feel the need.
    Thanks for the reponses. What about month-to-month? Have you pretty much continued to lose about the same amount of weight each month or has this begun to slow down?

Do you get plenty of sleep with such an arduous 2x/day work-out schedule? Do you increase the intensity/weight/resistance/time of your work-outs over time or has that remained relatively constant? Any issues with chronic fatigue or over training?

You have done an outstanding job and can rightly be very proud of your hard work and incredible success!

• LauraFincher
    LauraFincher Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Nice work, man! You look great!

This is pretty much what I do, too. I mean I don't go off the rails or anything, and I still pay attention, but I do loosen up a little.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes, that is an insane loss in 6 months! I hope this was done in a healthy way. Congratulations!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the success. That's a fantastic amount in a relatively short time.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! You look great! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!