Water weight from fried foods and bread

Options

Replies

• donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Like I have said before, I am not opposed to including bread as part of my diet. I just need to make sure that it is super healthy all grain bread and not white bread, since white bread seems to be my nemesis. Early on in this diet I added wheat bread back and my weight loss stalled. It was suggested by numerous MFP members that I should make sure that the bread says 100% Whole Grain bread, even pumpernicle bread was suggested, and I love pumpernickel. So I just need to stick to the local Trader Joe's store. In my bread experiment I ate white bread on my poboy sandwich, a white hot dog bun with my hot dog for dinner, and my waffle and breakfast sandwich was white bread. So there seems to be a pattern there. I am going to add JUST super healthy 100% WHOLE GRAIN bread now and see if w my weight continues to adjust downward by cutting out the white bread. This is starting to shape up now as a good long term diet plan for me, but we will see. Because I would really like to keep bread in my diet since I really like bread. But tortilla chips? NO CHANCE!!!!! They for sure do not work well for me.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Non alcoholic beer mrm. I am a non drinker. I think this makes for a healthy source of carbs.

tumblr_lruquaQjUW1qatfmro1_500.gif
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    She looks like she is a drinker and smokes crack. Lol. Good one!!!!!
  • PRMinx
    Options

Zooey Deschanel looks like she smokes crack? What?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Like I have said before, I am not opposed to including bread as part of my diet. I just need to make sure that it is super healthy all grain bread and not white bread, since white bread seems to be my nemesis. Early on in this diet I added wheat bread back and my weight loss stalled. It was suggested by numerous MFP members that I should make sure that the bread says 100% Whole Grain bread, even pumpernicle bread was suggested, and I love pumpernickel. So I just need to stick to the local Trader Joe's store. In my bread experiment I ate white bread on my poboy sandwich, a white hot dog bun with my hot dog for dinner, and my waffle and breakfast sandwich was white bread. So there seems to be a pattern there. I am going to add JUST super healthy 100% WHOLE GRAIN bread now and see if w my weight continues to adjust downward by cutting out the white bread. This is starting to shape up now as a good long term diet plan for me, but we will see. Because I would really like to keep bread in my diet since I really like bread. But tortilla chips? NO CHANCE!!!!! They for sure do not work well for me.

For your experiment, you'll be keeping your carb, sodium, beer, and fried food levels all the same to help account for other variables, right?
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    This mornings weight is 190.2. So, it appears that eating these foods will just hold onto the water and not let go. I guess the only weigh to get back to my regular weight is to stop the bread and fried foods and see if I can get back on track. It this is all water, them I am holding 4 pouds of water since last Thursday.

FFS, it's the SODIUM, not the bread. SODIUM.

Stop eating tons of salt. And, seriously...if you want a healthy form of carbs, try some vegetables.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    She does in your little video clip. Or what were you trying to say with your little video of her?
  • PRMinx
    Options
    She does in your little video clip. Or what were you trying to say with your little video of her?

I'm trying to say that there is no difference between the carbs in bread and the carbs in your non-alcoholic beer. And, actually, non-alcoholic beer has more carbs than regular beer.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Thanks for your input PR. But is it okay if it still fits in my daily caloric goal? Or are you saying that non-alcoholic beer can affect my weight?
  • PRMinx
    Options
    Thanks for your input PR. But is it okay if it still fits in my daily caloric goal? Or are you saying that non-alcoholic beer can affect my weight?

Yes, you can drink beer/eat bread/etc. as long as it fits into your caloric goal. If you are retaining water (usually from sodium) drink more water to flush it out.

Calories affect your weight. Eat too many calories and you will gain weight. So, whether it's real beer or non-alcoholic beer doesn't matter. All that matters is if you go over your calorie allotment for the day or week, depending on how you manage your goals.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

Zooey Deschanel looks like she smokes crack? What?

tumblr_mwl9awAz4E1sgkchro1_500.gif

• donjtomasco
    Options
    Add Zanax and LSD to her drugs of choice?
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    If my weight continues to decrease I think this might help prove the benefits of "cheat days" and the belief that the body gets used to a persons diet and the metabolism thereby allows down. My three days of bread and fried food might end up being the best turbo booster for me to loose the rest of my weight goal.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Not sure if it is true, but LEPTIN levels supposedly drop during dieting because your body wants to start storing fat, and cheat days are a way to recharge LEPTIZn production to allow fat burning to return.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Thanks Sulu.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    It's takes me about 3 days to lose the water retention and see a lower number on the scale.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Thanks Elfie. My timetable seems to be similar. My worst diet day was last Friday and this morning I saw a lower number on the scale. I have heard 3-5 days. It takes a leap of faith to stand on the scale after a big cheat day (or two or three).
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options