Help, Nothing this good can be low in calories too...

Options
Hi All,

One of my favorite pre-prepped foods at Costco is the Seafood Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms. I tried to Google and find out how much this small piece of heaven is costing me calorie-wise and I can't find much. I found one and only one site that listed the calories as around 220 calories, which seems a little low considering how full i am after eating one. So, I need a sanity check. Any one have an idea what a calorie count for these should be?

The main ingredients are:
palm sized (or bigger) portabella mushroom cap
herbs and spices
milk
eggs,
pollock
wheat flower
vinegar,
lemon juice,
salt,
sugar,
3 shrimp,
and about a tablespoon of shredded Parmesan.

Thanks,

Replies

• rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I make my own stuffed portabello mushrooms with shrimp and stuff and when I worked out the calories it came to 615 for two, so abour 300 for one. Although I don't use milk or eggs or pollock or flour or sugar so you're probably looking at yours being about 100 calories more than mine. Portabello mushrooms without anything added to them are like 200 calories each. Roughly I'd say your mushrooms are likely to be between 400-500 calories each? But thats just a very rough guess.
  • dkbrummitt
    dkbrummitt Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks,

I knew that number sounded really low.
  • primaverapvr
    primaverapvr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I make my own stuffed portabello mushrooms with shrimp and stuff and when I worked out the calories it came to 615 for two, so abour 300 for one. Although I don't use milk or eggs or pollock or flour or sugar so you're probably looking at yours being about 100 calories more than mine. Portabello mushrooms without anything added to them are like 200 calories each. Roughly I'd say your mushrooms are likely to be between 400-500 calories each? But thats just a very rough guess.

I'm sorry but your calorie number for portabello mushroom is way off! A large raw portabello mushroom only has about 30 calories to it, NOT 200!!
  • dkbrummitt
    Options
    Hmm...then maybe its really not that bad calorie and fat wise...since pollock is a white fish...and there are only 3 mediums sized shrimp. I will keep digging. If i come up with a good number, I will post it, in case anyone else has the same question.
  • StaLee29
    StaLee29 Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes, a port. mushroom is only about 30 calories. Looking up the calories for the fish and shrimp - it doesn't add that much as both are low cal. I'm guessing what you found is pretty right on. The only way it'd become higher is if either were battered/fried.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Ive been wanting to try those!!!
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options

I'm sorry but your calorie number for portabello mushroom is way off! A large raw portabello mushroom only has about 30 calories to it, NOT 200!!

Oh my god seriously?
    I've never been happier to be proven wrong haha.
    I was just going by the calories someone put in on this website.
  • dkbrummitt
    Options
    They are soooo good. I have frozen them and the heated them later and they still taste great, no funny textures.
    Very worth the 10-15 bucks..