Ladies and Fluid retention??

Options
How much fluid retention do you average when starting your cycle and during?? I assume my gain is fromthat but am a bit worried. A friend of mine says she gains 5 lbs the days before she's going to start. Just curious

Replies

• 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i definately gain between 2-5 lbs right before and during that time of the month. things are changing now as I just quit the pill, but, I am still gaining. I usually lose it back around the2nd day of my TOM. Don't worry. It's normal and happens to a lot of us! HORMONES ARE CRAZY!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    3 lbs if I drink extra water to flush out the rention. 7 lbs if I do not. Increase your water during this time to help flush out some of that retained water.
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I feel a little bloated but I drink a lot of water every day (80-120 oz) to help flush it out. The more water you drink, the less your body feels it needs to store for later. Its along the same lines as starving yourself and then your body storing every calorie you eat. I think I gained about a half pound right before my period started but now its gone. Stay away from sodium as much as you can during your period, it causes you to retain more water.
  • Booper83
    Booper83 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i gain 5-8 pounds that week every month, but it never lasts.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I can show about 5 lbs heavier on the scale b/c of TOM. Also, if I get even a little dehydrated, I can puff up. My rings can get so tight if I go even a few hours without some water.
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    i was wondering the same thing...cuz my "time" should be coming any minute now and my scale this morning said i had gained 4 pounds since sunday...and that really upsets me cuz i have been really good with my calories and my workouts and havient been giving into my cravings at all...so i am praying that the 4 pounds is just from TOM and will go away afterwards!!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    5 lbs easy!!!! I can tell just by looking in the mirror that TOM is on the way! I look like I ma pregnant with the little belly sticking out! Thank goodness it goes away!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I don't have one, but you could eat a little more protein to counteract the water gain. Protein is a great source at getting rid of unwanted water gain.
  • algiampolo
    algiampolo Posts: 27
    Options
    I am at my absolute lowest weight during that time. I continue with my regular 70+ oz water daily and I always lose more. Weird, I know.
  • looney9708
    looney9708 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I will up my water and protein. At least I'm not alone:(. How quickly does it drop off for you? I've never really payed very close attention is why I ask