One Pound a Week!

Options
I am losing one pound a week. No matter how much exercise I incorporate or how well I eat I am just losing a pound a week. Don't get me wrong I am thankful for the loss, however I want to lose two pounds a week. It is going to take me forever to get to my goal.
I know its a lifestyle and I love exercising, but I am getting impatient!

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    What're your current stats (height & weight)? What's your current activity level and calorie intake? If you haven't got much weight to lose then anything faster than 1lb/week isn't considered healthy, but if you have got a lot to lose then it may be that you're not eating low enough calories.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    By "well," do you mean no matter what your calorie deficit is, you only lose one pound per week?
  • Robb52
    Robb52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One pound is good
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    If you are losing one pound per week and want to lose two, you should probably eat about 500 fewer calories per day.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    One pound a week consistently is great, you should be proud of that!
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Less calories...bottom line.
  • mistydm76
    mistydm76 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Height 4'11"
    SW 165
    CW 146
    GW 110
    I started in January.
    Calories 1200 a day. Most the time just below or even sometimes above.
    Exercise Morning Treadmill one hour
    Afternoon One week in Insanity
    Evening (Monday -Friday only) Weights
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is a fantastic rate of loss. Anything more will generally be unsustainable and likely to be re-gained once the excessive calorie deficit is halted.

The healthier you are about reaching your goals, the easier it will be to maintain them!

Good to see that you are lifting weights on a regular basis, as well. You should be able to expect good results from this.
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    One pound a week is great, congrats.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Do you feel tired? I lost at first eating at 1200 but I felt so drained after a couple of months and my weight loss plateaued. I slowly increased to 1400 and started losing again. Then once I was working out 6 times a week I was losing eating 1700-1800 calories a day.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Losing weight takes time and patience. The end.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    1 Lb/wk is fantastic. I am set to 0.5/wk. I think slow and sustainable is best. :smiley:
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »
    1 Lb/wk is fantastic. I am set to 0.5/wk. I think slow and sustainable is best. :smiley:
    I like fast and sustainable more.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Are you actually eating 1200 or netting 1200?

You are short and not super overweight so you don't really have much (any) room for cutting calories. You could try throwing in another cardio session or two but it's not going to give you enough of a deficit to get it up to 2 pounds lost per week. And it might make you hungrier. You have to decide if the trade-off is worth it.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 too. 1lb is a much greater %of total body mass on someone 4'11 than someone who is 5'. 1lb/week is very fast on someone our size.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Boogage wrote: »
    Do you feel tired? I lost at first eating at 1200 but I felt so drained after a couple of months and my weight loss plateaued. I slowly increased to 1400 and started losing again. Then once I was working out 6 times a week I was losing eating 1700-1800 calories a day.

I agree OP isn't eating enough.
    I weight 114 pounds, 5'0 and I eat 1400-1600 calories a day. Work out 6x a week.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    mistydm76 wrote: »
    I am losing one pound a week. No matter how much exercise I incorporate or how well I eat I am just losing a pound a week. Don't get me wrong I am thankful for the loss, however I want to lose two pounds a week. It is going to take me forever to get to my goal.
    I know its a lifestyle and I love exercising, but I am getting impatient!

a pound a week is great progress, many of us would be thrilled. 1lb is healthy, 2lbs a week is not necessarily considered healthy, especially as a shorter person.