What do you think of this meal?

Options
emmzey
emmzey Posts: 16 Member
I've been on MFP for a while but am recently starting to try and really change my diet/health.

I was wondering what all of you experienced MFP'ers think of this for a meal, either breakfast or lunch. I am a vegetarian if that makes any difference.

1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese
1 avocado mashed (sometimes I do a half but it's so hard to store it after)
Splash of lemon juice

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks

Replies

• canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Not terrible. I'm a full fat cottage cheese type of person and I would eat some fiber.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Did you like the way it tastes? If so, eat it.

If you disliked the taste, i wouldn't recommend that meal. ;)
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I'd serve with fruit for breakfast, and veg or fruit if it's for lunch. I think it's full of protein and healthy fat though.
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    It kind of sounds more like a snack to me ;)

If it fills you up and tastes good, keep going.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I think it's awful. I hate avocado.

Do you like it? Do you feel it's a worthwhile use of calories / macros? Does it fit in to your day?

Then yeah, it's great.
  • emmzey
    Options
    Thanks for all the input! I do like the taste, and I wasn't sure about the fat or the avocado. That whole good fat/bad fat situation confuses me.

It works for me as a light breakfast or a lunch time snack. I prefer the half avocado but I like the easy protein from the cottage cheese.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like a meal to me or personally something I would eat, but if it keeps you sane & satiated then go for it.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    5/10
    Would eat.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Add the rest of the ingredients for guacamole, add some corn chips and you're done.

Personally I could think of better things to eat... So I probably wouldn't eat it. If you like it and it fits your macros, that's all that matters.

Try halving the avocado, leaving the pip in the half you don't use, and squeeze a bit of the lemon on to it. Store it in a container in the fridge.... It'll keep fine!
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Pretty good. But I would toss in maybe some raw oats. I generally aim for 300 calories per meal...and I eat 5 of them a day.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've had that as a snack. Without the lemon and with a sprinkle of pepper.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I don't get the mushy avocado on cottage cheese. Wouldn't the cottage cheese be better accompanied by spoonable chunks of avocado and maybe some sort of crunchy thing like sunflower seeds?

I'm imagining how it looks as well. Meh.

That being said, seems like a decent high-calorie snack. It would only be a meal if it's the smallest meal of your day (or you are a pixie).
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Does the avocado go IN the cottage cheese?
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Sounds great.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I would consider it a nice snack. Not enough there for me to call that a meal. I'd add in some tomato, lettuce, a half cup of tuna and a slice of whole wheat bread. Then it would be a meal.
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I eat 1/2 cup CC with 1/2 cup rolled oats and 1/2 cup berries all nuked in the microwave and smooshed together. I think if the texture works for you and you enjoy it, go for it. Mine is called purple goop. Green goop? Could be a favorite quick snack/meal!
  • emmzey
    Options
    kikichewie wrote: »
    I eat 1/2 cup CC with 1/2 cup rolled oats and 1/2 cup berries all nuked in the microwave and smooshed together. I think if the texture works for you and you enjoy it, go for it. Mine is called purple goop. Green goop? Could be a favorite quick snack/meal!

Wow I never thought to heat it up! I'll have to try that!

• kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    kikichewie wrote: »

Thank you for posting this! Had never thought of microwaving cc and had this last night for a snack....

BEST...COTTAGE CHEESE.... EVER!

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    boring - wouldn't even consider it a meal on it's own.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Seems kinda bland to me. I'd like more variety. Adding lime, cilantro, tomato, and onion sounds good. Maybe add some veggies to dip.

But if you like it then enjoy.