baked tofu recipe

cosmichvoyager
cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
I found this really good baked marinaded tofu recipe that I thought turned out really well.
davidlebovitz.com/2014/03/crisp-baked-tofu-recipe/

You can make a bunch and keep it on hand for soups, rice bowls, salads, snacking--so it's good for make-ahead meals.
I just ate some as a snack with some thai sweet chili sauce, total calories was 110 for 3oz of baked tofu cubes and 1.5 TB of the sweet chili sauce.

Replies

• scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Thank you!
  • mean_jeannie
    mean_jeannie Posts: 44 Member
    That sounds great, thanks! And I just happen to have these ingredients on hand. :smile:
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    the corn starch thing was new to me and it really turned them into something very snacky and versatile. You could probably add them to stir fries with great results too.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    This looks so good, I'm going to definitely make this. I love baked tofu! And I love sriracha!

Here's a recipe for crispy tofu strips I just found last week and made them. I added in some Massell Chicken Broth Powder (totally veg) so they tasted more like chicken tenders. And I used some cooking spray so they wouldn't stick. Dipped them in buffalo sauce. Heavenly!

1 package extra firm tofu
    1/2 cup egg whites
    3/4 cup oats
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp chili powder
    scant 1/2 tsp kosher salt
    1/4 tsp cayenne powder (for a kick of heat)
    1/4 tsp onion powder

Full article and recipe here: http://www.theathletarian.com/2012/03/02/who-likes-chicken-fingers/
  • Love this thanks
  • angiemann2007
    angiemann2007 Posts: 17 Member
    My daughter used the tofu cubed and rolled in cornstarch, then fried in small amount of olive oil. Added some sir fry sauce and sautéed a little then added to the stir fry vegetables from freezer section.....done in under 30 min and tasted delicious....just make sure the tofu is cooked long enough for that crispier texture :)