Hello from Florida

Options
PriscillaJess
PriscillaJess Posts: 17 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I'm Priscilla. I just actively started using MFP. Looking to talking to people who are motivated since I tend to lack on it. I have PCPS which makes losing weight that much more difficult. I've always been curvy, but I have now reached my highest of 235lbs and being that I'm only 4'11 it's starting to affected me. I'm ready for a change and to get my life back. It'll be nice to talk to others who are on a weight loss journey as well.

Replies

• GreginParadise
    GreginParadise Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello back from FL
  • PriscillaJess
    Options
    Hey there fellow Floridian. How are you?
  • cpohodich
    Options
    hello there from Pittsburgh, wish I was a Floridian
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hello from Georgia!
  • PriscillaJess
    Options
    Pittsburgh Huh? Here the weather's been a bit crazy.
  • PriscillaJess
    Options
    Hey D.R.
  • blackcrossknight
    blackcrossknight Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I currently claim central Florida as my home, and I hate it soooo much. It shouldn't be this hot, already! Anyways, it can be hard, but It'll be worth it for sure. I'm a ways taller than you, at 5'7, and still have maybe another 15 I want to lose. I started about two years ago, and have lost just over 100lbs solely by walking. Started at 240ish. I did half on my own without MFP, and then the other half with help from here. I started off at just a mile or two a day, but these days if the weather is fine and I have the time nine isn't uncommon. I really need to take up running to cut time though. pfft. Thinking of taking up boxing/kick boxing later on in the year when things at the house chill down. I think I'm starting to get off track, but anyways! You can do it. Just don't give in and give up, and let yourself have that piece of chocolate when you have room for it.
    It just started pouring, so so much for going out.
  • PriscillaJess
    Options
    I currently claim central Florida as my home, and I hate it soooo much. It shouldn't be this hot, already! Anyways, it can be hard, but It'll be worth it for sure. I'm a ways taller than you, at 5'7, and still have maybe another 15 I want to lose. I started about two years ago, and have lost just over 100lbs solely by walking. Started at 240ish. I did half on my own without MFP, and then the other half with help from here. I started off at just a mile or two a day, but these days if the weather is fine and I have the time nine isn't uncommon. I really need to take up running to cut time though. pfft. Thinking of taking up boxing/kick boxing later on in the year when things at the house chill down. I think I'm starting to get off track, but anyways! You can do it. Just don't give in and give up, and let yourself have that piece of chocolate when you have room for it.
    It just started pouring, so so much for going out.

Nice. I used to live in Orlando. Now I'm in South FL. It's pretty boring boring here, but maybe it's cause I don't know many people. 100lbs? WOW! That's amazing. I would love to get down to 150lbs again. So I have a long way to go. I tend to get discouraged when I don't see results. It's almost been a week since I've been on a diet so far so good. I need to stay away from the chocolate. Haha! I need to take up walking. Right now I'm just doing the 1,200 calorie count. Taking up boxing would be an awesome activity to do. I always wanted to do it myself. It's pouring out well aren't you lucky? Lol! Wish it was pouring over here.
  • PriscillaJess
    Options
    Hello back from FL

Hey there fellow Floridian. How are you?
  • PriscillaJess
    Options
    cpohodich wrote: »
    hello there from Pittsburgh, wish I was a Floridian

Pittsburgh huh? Hear the weathers been a bit crazy. So I can see why you wish you were a Floridian Right about now. Lol! It's way too hot though.
  • PriscillaJess
    Options
    Hello from Georgia!

Hi there, how are you?
  • 40rosemarie
    40rosemarie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello from West Palm Beach! ☀️
  • shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Welcome, from Tampa! I'm one of the rare Florida natives, I love it here :)
  • PriscillaJess
    Options
    Hello from West Palm Beach! ☀️

Hey there, I'm also from West Palm Beach.

• PriscillaJess
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    Hey from Gainesville, Florida! Go Gators :)

HAHA! Gators all the way.
  • PriscillaJess
    Options
    shamcd wrote: »
    Welcome, from Tampa! I'm one of the rare Florida natives, I love it here :)

Thank You! I miss living in Central FL. It's more entertaining.
  • rdouma73
    rdouma73 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    HI. I'm from Citrus Springs near Ocala. I grew up in Sarasota and have lived in the Tampa bay area as well.
  • PriscillaJess
    Options
    Nice. I've never been there.
  • TuffGong21
    TuffGong21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Also sending greetings from Gainesville..all the best in your journey!