Replies

• kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    kristydi wrote: »
    Apple and peanut butter
    Cheese and crackers (maybe laughing cow or baby bell)
    Veggies and hummus
    Cheese and peanut butter are very calorie dense, looks like OP is wanting to keep the calories low so those aren't good snacking options. Veggies and hummus is fine.

That being said, avoiding snacking was key to my weight loss a few years ago. If I was hungry between meals I'd allow myself as much water or tea as I wanted :)

True they are calorie dense, but you just choose portions that fit your goals. A slice of medium cheddar cheese from the pack in my fridge is 80cal. 6 wheat thins are 52 calories. 132 calories total, below the OP's requested max of 150. Or you could choose a wedge of Laughing Cow which are 35cal for the light and 50cal for the regular. Baby Bell minis are 50 cal. The string cheese in my fridge is 80 cal a stick.

A tablespoon of peanut butter is 80 calwhich leaves room for about 75 grams of apple to come in under 150.

Its all about portion. Just because something is calorie dense does not mean its off limits. The fat in cheese makes it very satisfying to me which is also something the OP requested.
  • Jenninscotland
    Jenninscotland Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas :) I am in planning mode and now have many exciting afternoon snacks to look forward to.
  • manders_b
    manders_b Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    As others have said, hummus and veggies. I also love Kashi chewy bars. The sea salt chocolate & almond ones are my favorite - 140 calories per bar and super satisfying!
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Banana and light string cheese or handful of almonds. I also only snack between lunch and dinner. I hate feeling full from a big lunch and prefer to eat twice in the afternoon.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds straight out of a 1985 diet magazine, but I actually like rice cakes with some Laughing Cow and peanut butter or PB2 on them.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow cheese wedge with Finn Crisps (or some other low cal cracker).