Filling lunch ideas....

Options
kmab1985
kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
Hi all

Although I don't following the MFP calorie counter, I do infact follow Weightwatchers and just wondered if you could give me some lunch/snack ideas that won't break the food bank.

I don't really like soup, I normally have sandwiches on wholemeal bread or salads but sometimes I get bored and then I'd have a greek yoghurt but again I'm getting bored and sometimes still feel hungry which then resorts me to eating rubbish llike today (2x packet of crisps! - shame on me)....

Please can you help....I have porridge for breakfast, mid morning homemade smoothie, then I work out on lunch hour.

My lunch today consisted of veggies, ham, boiled eggs, cous cous (50g), olive oil but I start feeling really hungry about 1 hour after.

Kelx

Replies

• CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have found that quinoa really fills me up when I use it in place of cous cous or brown rice. I mix a little real maple syrup in some if its breakfast time, and will add it to a salad for lunch or dinner. I will also add black beans to my salads. I have to do something with salad otherwise I just feel sad. ha ha
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Protein - fat - fiber.....looks like you got it covered.

If you are hungry within an hour there must be something else contributing. Are you eating enough calories overall? Some WW programs are low calorie (with free veggies & fruit). This is assuming you will eat more veggies & fruit.

Perhaps your smoothie & porridge could use some beefing up. Make your porridge with milk, or stir in some chopped nuts. Perhaps your type of workout is making you hungry. You might reserve some rest day calories to add to workout days.
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I was just going to say "balance".. maybe try a bit more of each? or bit more of your protein source at lunch. I usually have leftovers from dinner myself. so for me that's protein, grain(by and large whole grain source), and veg. today was a salad with some hard boiled egg, real bacon bits, a smidge of grated cheese, green onion, cucumber and green leaf lettuce(small "side" salad size overall) with an olive oil based vinagrette(healthy fats). then I had some leftover grilled marinated chicken thighs. - no grain today.. went for an extra bit of chicken instead.
    I find my lunch is more filling when my breakfast was more filling- if that makes sense. So for breakfast I've been having homemade egg, extra thin sliced swiss cheese, some lean nitrate free ham all on whole wheat english muffin. super filling and quite balanced. Many times I put some spinach on it as well. or slice of tomato. I stay full pretty long and a healthy portioned lunch is appropriately filling. Long ago when all i had for breakfast was a grain source, i was ravenous in just a couple hours. I'd up the protein in your breakfast and see how that helps "even out" your day.
  • jcook0716
    jcook0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I cook together a pound of lean ground turkey, can of corn, can of reduced sodium kidney beans, 2 chopped up green peppers and some reduced sodium taco seasoning. I add spices like garlic and chile and sriracha sauce to make it spicy (you can do without) its super tasty either on its own, in a lettuce wrap, in a low carb whole wheat tortilla or with toppings like cilantro and fat free sour cream. It feeds me for a week lol.
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    jcook0716 wrote: »
    I cook together a pound of lean ground turkey, can of corn, can of reduced sodium kidney beans, 2 chopped up green peppers and some reduced sodium taco seasoning. I add spices like garlic and chile and sriracha sauce to make it spicy (you can do without) its super tasty either on its own, in a lettuce wrap, in a low carb whole wheat tortilla or with toppings like cilantro and fat free sour cream. It feeds me for a week lol.

If you add some diced tomatos & chicken broth to that - you have taco soup. That is what I use in the crock pot and it lasts alllll week.