Calorie Counting :(

Options
I am having trouble meeting my caloric intake, and not exceeding my carbs or proteins. I am not meeting my caloric intake because I am scared to exceed the amount of alotted carbs, fats, or proteins. Can anyone help me with this problem?? Thank you!

Replies

• MistyNoble1987
    Options
    As far as meeting the goals like fat, etc. I don't really pay attention to them - I figure if I'm really watching what I eat and making sure to focus on high fiber low carbs and fat then I'm ok.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    OK

A) Depending on your routine protein is rediculously low by current standards

B) Meeting your caloric intake IS very important! DOnt eat crap foods, but if youre a little over in carbs protein or sugar as a result of eating HEALTHY foods, take a deep breath and get over it.

Current standards for protein when using a vigorous workout regimine and/or weight lifting is .7-1.0 grams per pound of body weight (so Im 203 that makes a healthy protein level of 142-203 grams) Believe me MFP has my standard WELL below that
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt worry as much about going over your carbs and suck...I do about three times a week....I would focus more on making sure your getting in all your calories...thats most important for your health....the one thing I would keep an eye on is your sodium...
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about protein...it's pretty good for you and MFP's setting are pretty low on here.

If you're just starting I would shoot for just meeting your calorie goals with as much "whole" food as possible. Basically, the closer it is to its state in nature, the better. The less processed, etc. Don't worry too much about the macros of carbs/fat/protein until you're used to counting and staying under your cal goal. After that you will have a better feel for how foods are made up and be able to shoot to higher or lower certain parts of your diet.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble meeting my caloric intake, and not exceeding my carbs or proteins. I am not meeting my caloric intake because I am scared to exceed the amount of alotted carbs, fats, or proteins. Can anyone help me with this problem?? Thank you!

You have to open up your diary for an informed answer. But right off if you are not meeting your calorie limit BUT exceeding all the rest I would say EAT MORE VEGGIES!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    If you're just starting, I would suggest focusing on meeting your calorie goal first, and then slowly start paying increasing attention to the other stuff. It might be too overwhelming to look at everything at first.
    -LP
  • Smittyinthesun
    Options
    I focus on

1. Being under my Calories.
    2. Getting my daily burn of 3000 calories.
    3. Not eating junk food, soda chips etc.
    4. I try to eat lean ground turkey or chicken 3 times a week.
    5. I am incorporating more fruits and veggies into my diet.
    6. Try 2 cups of 1 % milk, 2 cups of frozen strawberries ,and add just a bit of sugar to taste, mix in the blender. Instant milk shake and there is no artificial crap and its a nice treat.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I find it extremely difficult to get my protein levels higher and my carbs down which being diabetic is important.
    My reading for today is Carbs 99 Fibre 11 Calories 993 Protein 37 Fat 43
    Every so often I will do a really concentrated effort to eating less carbs but it makes the day very boring..:yawn: