Whole30 Myfitnesspal'ers

Options
Hey all!

Looking to start whole30 in about a week and thought I would see if there is anyone following it and using myfitnesspal and would all me to see there food diaries.

Thanks all!!

Replies

• MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    What is that?
  • tallbold
    tallbold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It's like Paleo but a little more restrictions. Whole30 is eating whole foods for 30 days. No sugar, no grains, no legumes, no alcohol, no cheating. It is derived from the book called It Starts with Food.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    It also involves not counting calories so what are you doing here?

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    After 30 days do I get to eat a whole 30 bars of chocolate? You have more will power than I do.
    I swear they are making up diets just to make our lives more difficult....
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    tallbold wrote: »
    It's like Paleo but a little more restrictions. Whole30 is eating whole foods for 30 days. No sugar, no grains, no legumes, no alcohol, no cheating. It is derived from the book called It Starts with Food.

Why would you want to restrict yourself so severely? Is this method of eating sustainable for you?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Sounds stupid.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    After 30 days do I get to eat a whole 30 bars of chocolate?

If so, sign me up.

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

what happens on day 31 and beyond?
    your plan sounds awfully restrictive.

have you tried counting calories yet?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • tallbold
    tallbold Posts: 89 Member
    Options

You're right it doesn't....but what stops me from seeing how many calories I eat as well. Seems like a lot of judging I'm seeing here and was just looking for a friendly place to meet other who may be in the same situation.

Thanks anyways.
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You lost me at "more restrictive than Paleo" - I ate "Paleo" for a month, and I nearly killed innocent people. No thanks!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    OP doesnt like the responses.

time for cat gifs?

1410082237_cat_pooping_in_the_toilet_fail.gif
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I did a whole30 while counting calories. It was fine, but I didn't see the results I was hoping for, just the usual weight loss from eating at/near a deficit. Granted, I wasn't weighing my food during this time (pre-scale).

That cat gif is really gross. Ha ha.
  • pope705
    pope705 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    @tallbold you may find more support over at this group http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/102847-primal-paleo-reset-for-2015 They welcome whole30 followers as well.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

You're right it doesn't....but what stops me from seeing how many calories I eat as well. Seems like a lot of judging I'm seeing here and was just looking for a friendly place to meet other who may be in the same situation.

Thanks anyways.

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm going to try something, I'm going to do it properly, no point doing it half arsed. There's a whole 30 forum, where everyone will be (or will have already) going through the same things as you. You can share meals and ideas there!
  • Sophsmother
    Sophsmother Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't think many people realize what Whole30 is so you're getting ignorant responses. It's not a diet. Most people here only count calories without any regard to nutrition, so they don't understand anything outside the number of calories, which is pretty sad and scary. I love reading other boards that make fun of the people on this board ... it's hilarious. You will not get sound nutrition advice here at all.

I'm hoping to start my whole30 next week after I read their book and get my ducks lined up. I can't wait to see if it helps with some issues I have going on that I suspect may be food-related. It's a great way to learn about nutrition and how food affects the body. But I would check out some other discussion boards, like the Whole30 one, where you can chat with people who are actually interested in nutrition. This site gets scary sometimes.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't think many people realize what Whole30 is so you're getting ignorant responses. It's not a diet. Most people here only count calories without any regard to nutrition, so they don't understand anything outside the number of calories, which is pretty sad and scary. I love reading other boards that make fun of the people on this board ... it's hilarious. You will not get sound nutrition advice here at all.

I'm hoping to start my whole30 next week after I read their book and get my ducks lined up. I can't wait to see if it helps with some issues I have going on that I suspect may be food-related. It's a great way to learn about nutrition and how food affects the body. But I would check out some other discussion boards, like the Whole30 one, where you can chat with people who are actually interested in nutrition. This site gets scary sometimes.

This just sounds so scripted :*

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this whole 30... and I just read what this is and the list of what I CAN eat is so much smaller than what I CAN'T eat. That CAN'T list would wipe out pretty much everything that I eat everyday... and we're talking about the healthy stuff, not the junk food (which I could understand). So no thank you... I'll continue eating both healthy and junk food together and continue losing weight.

71124836.png
  • Christian012014
    Christian012014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »

what happens on day 31 and beyond?
    your plan sounds awfully restrictive.

have you tried counting calories yet?

• Christian012014
    Christian012014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just started the Whole30 in earnest on Sunday. ( I thought I started on Saturday morning but had milk in my coffee.) I've been logging my food and you are invited,Tallbold, to see what I've been doing so far. You can friend me and we can do this together if you'd like.