Postpartum exercise blues

Options
so I have a 9 year old and I now have a 3 month old. As one would expect, my infant is needy and it makes it hard for me to work out. We are living on one income so getting a gym membership is out of the question. I'm just out of ideas for exercise besides walking. I get bored easily and cardio is definitely not my favorite. I really love weight training. So I guess what I'm leading towards is, what can I do on a budget and that is quick so I can tend to the baby if he starts getting irritated. He doesn't let me do much for too long. I pretty much sit in the same spot all day and me and the baby just interact with each other. I need ideas and motivation. Help!!!

Replies

• mccanns725
    mccanns725 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Babies love to help you exercise!! If you can take a mommy and me to get tips but if you can't lift him/her high in the air from floor way up until they get tired of it. This will be long past you getting tired! Stand straight and turn holding baby straight out from your body twist left and right. Baby is a weight that giggles at you! Be safe. Have fun!
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    jenalhadad wrote: »
    so I have a 9 year old and I now have a 3 month old. As one would expect, my infant is needy and it makes it hard for me to work out. We are living on one income so getting a gym membership is out of the question. I'm just out of ideas for exercise besides walking. I get bored easily and cardio is definitely not my favorite. I really love weight training. So I guess what I'm leading towards is, what can I do on a budget and that is quick so I can tend to the baby if he starts getting irritated. He doesn't let me do much for too long. I pretty much sit in the same spot all day and me and the baby just interact with each other. I need ideas and motivation. Help!!!

Google "you are your own gym". Maybe that'll give you ideas?
  • jenalhadad
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. Walking is getting old
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    you could try bikinibodymommy... She has a couple of 90 day challenges on You Tube (free) that alternate between a cardio focused day and a weights day. You do need dumbbells for it. They are usually about 10 minutes activity plus a warm up and cool down.
  • Trisha2679
    Trisha2679 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try sit ups while holding the baby in front of you, push ups with the baby on the floor in front of you. You can also raise the baby over your head to work your back and shoulders. Maybe try plank holds while the baby lays on the floor. I am 11 weeks pp and I am also trying to come up with some exercises that you can do with a baby near by. Hang in there!!