Ugh!!! Two steps forward, two back?!?

Options
I can't figure my body out! I was losing like a champ, created a nice calorie deficit knowing I had an event last Saturday. One day allowing myself some snacks & a couple light beers & my scale reads 3lbs heavier!!! I know a human cannot gain 3 lbs of fat in a day. I didn't eat great but I didn't eat that much either. Now Monday its still reading 3 lbs heavier. I'm so bummed :( Can I never have a beer (even a flavorless crappy light beer) again?!?

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    sometimes ur body will hold on to that water weight for a few days. i know its discouraging. i have the same every time i eat without moderation. give it another couple days and drink tons of water!
  • ikxllc
    ikxllc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I haven't been as good the last couple days about water as I had been, I will focus on that! Thanks for giving me hope I'm not forever screwed
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Did you eat 10,500 calories above your maintenance?

If no, then it's not fat gain :)

Did you eat a lot of salty stuff? That along with the beers could be causing water retention. Stick with your usual routine, drink a bit more water, and give it some time. Most of that weight will come right back off.

~Lyssa
  • shana1819
    shana1819 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks. One week i slip up and gain it all back
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Water retention. Give it a couple more days and it will dissipate.
  • tiffanyking1976
    tiffanyking1976 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Water. You gotta drink it to lose it lol
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Eat some frozen mint peas

It won't help with your water retention problem but they taste nice and may take your mind off this temporary issue.