No visible results

Options
Alright so in the last 44 days I have lost 17.8 lbs. I am 5'1 and started my weight loss at 198.8 lbs. I am currently 181 lbs. My pants are definently loser but no size changes. When I look in the mirror I don't see a difference and no one else has commented on the change either. Is there anyone else who was roughly my weight and height and at what weight did you notice changes? When did other people notice ? How long did it take to go down a pants size?

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I started out quite substantially bigger than you at 305 pounds at 5 foot 11, and it actually took me about 40 pounds before anyone noticed and about 60 pounds before I went down a pant size! that being said you're shorter and smaller than I am, so you will have more noticeable results at a smaller loss than I did. You're doing great keep it up!
  • Ajocal18
    Ajocal18 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    @happyfeetrebel1 Thanks! Congratulations on the weight loss, any tips for a newbie?
  • sajero2
    sajero2 Posts: 47 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    And I'm taller than you but weigh less and also have to lose a lot (like 20 lbs) to truly drop a size or have people say anything. I'm 5'6.5", started at 163.8 and am now 147. My pants are looser, but I know from the past that I need to drop A LOT to make a difference visually or clothing wise. I think it depends on where you carry your weight. Mine is in my middle, and that's the last to go. So while I've lost some obviously all over, it takes a much bigger drop to start really going from my middle. Just stick with it and you'll be fine! It''ll be obvious soon! :)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I lost around 40 pounds before I really started to notice it in myself, and other people did, too.

Keep on trucking :)
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    it took me at my starting weight of 215 to lose bout 30 before i went down a pants size. but u will notice the lighter u get the quicker u will be able to go down in clothing. now i have lost 20 175-155 and i could buy new pants but im hoping to just hang on since i want to lose another 20 and dont want to buy a new wardrobe twice~
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I think it was after 30 pounds that people really started to notice. And, since the middle is the last place I started to lose, I didn't really need new pants until a few pounds after that. But then I was buying pants in a smaller size every couple of weeks. (Thank goodness for thrift stores!) It took me a year, but I went from a size 14 to a size 2.
  • Ajocal18
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Patience is a virtue that I am quickly learning I don't have lol. Im worried about having to buy a new wardrobe but I will probably wear my current clothes until they are falling off. Also have started a saving jar anytime I go over my calories or miss a workout I owe $10 to the clothes jar. Good new is I should have thousands by the time I hit my goal lbvs!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i started at 250 in jan and am 217 now and still have not lost a full pants size (all my weight is coming off my torso and back LOLOL). i have however lost several shirt sizes.

it will get there eventually, i suppose ;)

• jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I had someone tell me I have gained weight and am bigger than her and then ask me to buy her a size bigger than me. The person in question is my brother's wife and she is way bigger than me. At that time I had lost 5kg since I started my journey and she didn't notice anything. People see what they want to see and sometimes cannot see what is right in front of them. Either that or they are jealous! Keep up the good work, you're a star!!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 21 lbs now and I'm still in the same clothing. The only thing is that the same clothing might be a touch looser than it was.

One of my issues is that I'll never get down to a Size 2 or anywhere close. Even when I was underweight at 118 lb, I was wearing Size 12-14 clothing, and the reason is that I have wide hip bones and wide shoulders. At 118 lb, my stomach area was concave, but my hip bones stuck out quite prominently and unless I went for a surgery to shave the bones down, I couldn't have gotten into a smaller size of clothing.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm about your height and started at about your weight. Took about 25-30 lbs before anyone noticed. Then around 45-50 lbs lost EVERYONE noticed and my weight loss was The Topic of Conversation at the office, which was excruciating for me, quite frankly. So, I say enjoy the peace and quiet while you can!

You'll find as you lose weight you'll get through the sizes quicker the more you lose because smaller sizes are generally closer together (have smaller measurement differences between them) than larger sizes. I skipped a few sizes altogether.
  • Ajocal18
    Options
    @dopeysmelly I will try to enjoy the peace but some friggin acknowledgement would be amazing!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    WTG on your loss! Keep doing what you're doing and it will come.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss that is fantastic.
  • Crumpet_Girl
    Crumpet_Girl Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    This is great to read... I always wonder if I am crazy because no one notices weight loss! But I obviously need to be more patient!
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 1, started at 190 it took 20 pounds before anyone noticed but I lost a few pant sizes. If you check my profile I have the time line there with the clothing sizes at each weight each month.
  • Msbennett709
    Msbennett709 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Like a wisewoman once said lol...
    It takes 2 weeks to feel it....
    4 weeks to see it....
    And 8 weeks to hear it...
    Keep up the good work. We didn't gain it overnight and we won't lose it overnight. Hard work will pay off. You got this.
  • barbiereynolds701
    barbiereynolds701 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I started at 223 and am down to 198. Each week that passes more ppl notice and it is annoying. My pastor.just asked me on sunday If I was having.health issues........enjoy the quietness!!!