Support groups face-to-face/ Books/ Processing! Hello!!!

Options
Hello! I would like to hear about your experience with LIVE, face-to-face support groups. I have led 3 different 12 week Lose IT for LIFE groups, and I'm thinking about starting another one, but with some changes. Actually, I think we might do an on-going support group/book study with several different books. I lost 40 pounds during the course of these groups, but I've been off the wagon until last week. I think I got discouraged toward the end of my last group because I didn't feel like anyone was really doing what they needed to do to change. Now I think I have more insight and compassion.... realizing that I can only be encouraging and supportive, and hope they'll catch on. I think, too, that when people stopped NOTICING that I'd lost weight, I lost motivation. That's kind of sick thinking! Also, a daughter started college and my job as MOM is winding down. I think I was grieving. I'm now ready to being Me 2.0 :smiley:
So... thanks for reading all this, if you did, and I hope to hear from people! Blessings!

Replies