calories burned?!?

Options
So i recently started the gym about a month back, so I was wondering on average how many calories do you lot burn in the gym in say 2 hours? (Just so I have an idea if I'm burning enough or not) thanks :)

Replies

• olivia_june
    olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    The average person burns roughly 100-300 calories an hour. If you weigh more, you'll generally burn more. But MFP notoriously overestimates how much you burn, so don't really take their numbers too seriously.

There isn't a certain level that's "enough", it hugely varies based on the person and the activity that they are doing.
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    it's not really possible to tell how many calories you burn in the gym in 2 hours.
    Me? Sometimes I sit in the gym for hours reading the paper .. I doubt I'll be burning as many as the guy doing heavy squats over there --> !!

Seriously though.
    I'm usually the guy doing heavy squats.

Anyway.

My point is, it depends on what you're doing with your 2 hours. How are you spending them?
    The only way to (roughly!!) tell would be to get a heart rate monitor and get an estimation of burned calories.

Having said that, while lifting heavy weights will not burn as many calories than doing 2 hours of cardio, weight lifting will continue burning calories throughout the day.

too many variables unfortunately.

though rest assured, if you go to the gym for 2 hours a day consistently, you should be fine.