Needs to drop 50lbs, lacks motivation!

Options
Hello,
I am a 5'3 22 year old female who has managed to pack on the pounds over the last few years and I'm now 50-60lbs overweight! :'( I have always been extremely self conscious, but now it is out of control. I refuse to wear anything that shows my legs, and that is a problem since it gets super hot where I live. :( I seriously want to lose this weight, but I keep losing my motivation! I need help, how can I keep myself from losing track, and staying motivated? I seem to have a pattern where I'll do really good with working out everyday and eating clean, but then a few weeks go by and I lose focus. How can I stop this from happening?

Replies

• p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Gym membership girl
  • Maddy7451
    Options
    I have a personal trainer ... She's awesome with motivating me .. Plus I see her body and I'm like ... YEAH, I WANT THAT!! ... I weight 157 and am trying to get to 120 by august 29tg for my oldest sisters wedding. Ugh ...
  • amygould
    amygould Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd be happy to help you stay motivated and keep you accountable if you like! What workout program are you doing? When you "fall off of the wagon" what happens? Feel free to friend me on here. :-)
  • Haley623
    Haley623 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a gym membership, i thought that would do the trick with motivation, but id go for a couple weeks then a rest day turns to a rest month lol :/ I have chronic back pain so most days im in so much pain that working out is the furthist thing from my mind. I am also tying to overcome depression and one thing that is a comfort is eating. Which is half my problem lol
  • dwtimeoutt
    dwtimeoutt Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Friend me if you'd like. I will do my best to motivate you. I'm back at this after successes and failures. Now at 60, my back is giving out on me for the third time. I have no choice this time but to stick with this. I return messages in a timely manner. I was mortified when my surgeon gave me a copy of her notes for my disability insurance and read that my back issues are aggrivated by my weight. I tend to be very positive. I will be supportive of you. Itvwillvwork for you, especially if you have support.
  • amygould
    amygould Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Injuries of any type are awful! The trick is not to let a rest day or two turn into weeks/months. Find things that you can do with a sore back. Maybe recumbent bike, hand bike, swim etc. Have you spoken to your Dr. about your back and possible treatment/physical therapy options?

Strengthening the muscles that support your back (core abdominals, back muscles etc.) will help as well, but you should work with a physical therapist to design a program for that.)
  • dolcemaria81
    dolcemaria81 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Set small goals, eat clean and exercise like a mad woman. Get yourself a fitbit or a step counting app on your phone.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Why do you want to lose weight?

So many focus on what they want to do, no WHY. Start with WHY...so what is the reason, and is your WHY > Your (Vice, Limiting Believe, Excuse) ?
  • kml760
    kml760 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Getting started has been tough for me as well. I live with chronic pain and sometimes exercising even walking and yoga can cause pain :-/ watching what I eat is tough because watching the calories is one of the only ways I can lose weight. And with the pain I'm in I crave comfort food a lot. Ugh one day at a time
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Haley623 wrote: »
    I have a gym membership, i thought that would do the trick with motivation, but id go for a couple weeks then a rest day turns to a rest month lol :/ I have chronic back pain so most days im in so much pain that working out is the furthist thing from my mind. I am also tying to overcome depression and one thing that is a comfort is eating. Which is half my problem lol

I feel like working out and taking care of myself helps a lot with my depression. I know how hard it is to get out of bed to even go take a shower sometimes but self care is the key. I changed from using food (and chocolate in particular) as comfort to going for a walk or doing an intense workout and enjoying the feeling of accomplishment it gives me afterwards plus a nice hot shower.