weight loss help!!

Options
Hello i am trying to loose weight and I'm going to gym 4 times a week and working out hard on both cardio and weights and getting a lot fitter. I am dieting well but don't seem to be going down in the kgs!

Replies

• pgreen1017
    pgreen1017 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    From my own experience, it usually takes about 3 months of exercising before you really start to see results. You are also gaining muscle weight at this time. The rest of your body will catch up soon.
  • jeffrey_lamont
    jeffrey_lamont Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know it takes time but I have a naturally bi build but have fat on the outside and muscle on the inside just worried I guess
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    pgreen1017 wrote: »
    From my own experience, it usually takes about 3 months of exercising before you really start to see results. You are also gaining muscle weight at this time. The rest of your body will catch up soon.

Don't tell OP they're gaining muscle when they're in a calorie deficit. Not possible.

OP, if you just started out, be patient. It does take a while for the scale to change. Why not take measurements instead? I prefer those over my scale weight any day. Anyway, if it's been a while and you're still not losing, it's time to evaluate how accurately you're logging your intake (and exercise, if you eat those calories back). :)
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    how long have u been at it? are u eating back your exercise calories?
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    First question you will always be asked - are you weighing your food?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Hello i am trying to loose weight and I'm going to gym 4 times a week and working out hard on both cardio and weights and getting a lot fitter. I am dieting well but don't seem to be going down in the kgs!

What does dieting well mean?

Are you eating at a reasonable deficit?
    Are you weighing all foods and measuring all liquids?
    Are you logging items accurately in the database?

How long have you been 'dieting well'?
    How long have you been exercising?

A change in exercise level and pattern will initially cause the body to retain water, as a method of protection, it'll drop within weeks.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How long has it been? Are you also eating a calorie deficit? You won't lose fat unless you are in a calorie deficit no matter how much you exercise. If you are in a deficit and all this exercise is fairly new you are likely losing fat but retaining water. Give it time.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from the deficit. Exercise helps with the deficit, but it comes down to how much you're eating.