Thoughts on Nutella

Replies

• Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    My daughter is addicted to the stuff but I have always found it to be like Sunny D, junk food hyped as healthy. Give me natural nut butters any day.
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    They need to make bottles of that stuff that are about the size of 5 hour energy shots. So I don't go crazy and eat the entire jar.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Trader Joes makes a version of it with almonds that it pretty tasty.. but like everyone here I have no control so I keep it out of the house :)
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    my niece and nephew have given each other bruises fighting over the nutella. personally, I don't get it. it's way too sweet for my liking. I prefer peanut butter (my all-time desert island food) or dark chocolate almond butter.
  • chrishyde14
    chrishyde14 Posts: 1 Member
    Main ingredient in Nutella = SUGAR

DISGUSTING!

I don't care how good you think it tastes, if you want a healthy lifestyle you will eventually realize that refined sugar - and Nutella by deduction - is poison!

Keep polluting your bodies and craving that crap...

Just don't complain when you can't understand how 2000 calories a day keeps you overweight and diabetic...
  • metalmaiden17
    metalmaiden17 Posts: 36 Member
    I adore it, so I don't buy it often. When my hubby does, I make him keep it on the shelf that I can't reach! I'm 5'3" and he's 6'6". Tim Hortons here just introduced a whole line of Nutella treats, and that has been rough... they have these delicious little pastries that taste like the donuts my grandmother used to make, filled with Nutella!!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member

DISGUSTING!

I don't care how good you think it tastes, if you want a healthy lifestyle you will eventually realize that refined sugar - and Nutella by deduction - is poison!

Just don't complain when you can't understand how 2000 calories a day keeps you overweight and diabetic...

You couldn't be more wrong for your first post. Congratulations!
  • SallyinIL
    SallyinIL Posts: 85 Member
    Liquid candy....
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member

DISGUSTING!

annnnndddd......here we go

• Whittedo
    Here is an interesting blog posting from an Australian nutritionist:
    http://foodwatch.com.au/blog/additives-and-labels/item/nutella-the-full-correct-list-of-ingredients.html
  • Hornsby
    Whittedo wrote: »

I wouldn't call that interesting. Not sue who would think of Nutella as a health food. It's a treat. Saturated fat isn't inherently bad so the nutritionist is just flat out wrong in that article.

Plus, I can get the nutrition facts right off of their website so I'm not sure what the hoopla is about it.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member

DISGUSTING!

Strong first post.

Anyway. I don't like chocolate, and I don't like hazelnuts, sooo....Nutella doesn't do it for me. However, I have made Nutella salted caramel brownies for friends, and my understanding is that several pairs of underpants had to be changed after tasting them.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member

DISGUSTING!

I stopped you where you should have stopped yourself. ;) definitely agree on the "strong first post" front.
  • Beckeh87
    Beckeh87 Posts: 15 Member
    edited April 2015
    Heat a cup of almond milk in a pan and add one-two spoons of nutella. Tasty homemade hot chocolate.

I wish people wouldn't keep it in the fridge
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    edited April 2015

DISGUSTING!

I stay around 1500 cals/day, have maintained for a year now and still enjoy Nutella. Wow judgemental much?
  • Hornsby
    I've never had it. I may not try it just to spite the people who rave about it. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Cut off your nose to spite your face ;) More for me!

• Whittedo
    Hornsby wrote: »

I wouldn't call that interesting. Not sue who would think of Nutella as a health food. It's a treat. Saturated fat isn't inherently bad so the nutritionist is just flat out wrong in that article.

Plus, I can get the nutrition facts right off of their website so I'm not sure what the hoopla is about it.

The ads empasize the healthy ingredients such as skim milk, hazelnuts and cocoa. To me that is marketing it as a healthy food to feed your children. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbmueS6sHPM
  • robynhenley
    robynhenley Posts: 3 Member
    I eat nutella straight out of the jar until its gone.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    It is tasty. I don't buy it though because it is too much money/calories for me when there are lots of other things I prefer to use my money/calories on.
    If you like it and can fit it in your goals then go for it.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby wrote: »

The ads empasize the healthy ingredients such as skim milk, hazelnuts and cocoa. To me that is marketing it as a healthy food to feed your children. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbmueS6sHPM

I don't know. They just say happy ingredients. I agree, those ingredients make me happy.