P90

Options
So I weigh about 280 pounds and have no prior gym experience. The students that I work with at the university have P90X, T25, and Insanity and I just couldn't keep up with it. But then one of them found P90 and said it looked like a beginners course to P90X. I'm on day two and so far it's been way beneficial, not in results (ya know because it's only day two) but they really do a good job at breaking down all the moves and starting at the beginning. Then they work you up to a 2nd level and then a 3rd level. The theory being it is that after you are done with P90 you and your body will be able to go to the next level. So my biggest suggestion to anyone starting out is start with something that you are comfortable with and that you will stick to. I stopped working out with the students because I just wasn't ready for the level they were at, but this program I can total do and I look forward to getting stronger with it.

My only question is how to log the exercises. They have areobic, abs, and toning. Any suggestions?

Replies

• curtchafe
    curtchafe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would wear a heart rate monitor and log the calories calculated from the work done. Nothing will be perfect, but I think that would be the best guess. Your fitness will improve and you will see/feel those results after awhile.
  • MarissaEgham
    MarissaEgham Posts: 14 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    "looked like a beginners course to P90X" Can I ask where you got this from as I would be interested? Like you I found P90x too difficult.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    "looked like a beginners course to P90X" Can I ask where you got this from as I would be interested? Like you I found P90x too difficult.

It's older, still Tony Horton.....Power 90 on EBay or Amazon
    (I used to see the VHS tapes at thrift stores...but they are on DVD too).
  • MarissaEgham
    MarissaEgham Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

It's older, still Tony Horton.....Power 90 on EBay or Amazon
    (I used to see the VHS tapes at thrift stores...but they are on DVD too).

Great thanks. Found it on Amazon :)
  • cutenikki07
    cutenikki07 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It's actually not power 90, it's a new program that came out last year called P90 :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    It's actually not power 90, it's a new program that came out last year called P90 :)

Ah-hah.....no wonder the Amazon prices were so steep (that and limits they place on sellers).