Help! Low carb pack lunch ideas

Options
i have to have quick lunches however I need them low carb, any suggestions??

Replies

• jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My lunch today would be a good example: Breaded Sole (fish) that was baked, w/ spinach, cherry, tomatoes and cucumbers!
    Also an add on of Greek Yogurt on the side would be good if youre avoiding carbs.
  • francesgenao
    francesgenao Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Jessica that lunch sounds awesome
  • jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Jessica that lunch sounds awesome

haha thank you :) made it last night! the leftovers taste even BETTER :)
  • miche173
    miche173 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I usually have a salad, with protein. So, steak with blue cheese, or Mediterranean with chicken, feta, Greek dressing, or Mexican with taco meat, sour cream and salsa. Sometimes, in a rush, salad with one of those tuna packets, if I don't have any leftover protein from the night before. With full fat dressing, seems to keep me full.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Salads with lean protein, cheeses, nuts and a low carb dressing.

Tuna with mayo and diced cucumbers (and/or other veggies). I just eat it with a fork.

Tuna, chicken or egg salad eaten with celery sticks as a scoop.

Meats, cheeses and veggies wrapped in a romaine lettuce leaf

Pre-cooked ground beef or turkey patty with a slice of cheese, veggies and/or salsa (my lunch today!)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Stuffed vegetables (squash/zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, etc) or soup. You can cook it and freeze in portions to grab in the morning. Stuffed peppers freeze really great!
  • myturn15
    myturn15 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    We do the Salad-In-A-Jar. Use a quart size mason jar and place measured oil and balsamic in first. Then layer in veggies that won't get soggy in dressing, like tomato or peppers. Next layer is your lettuce. Then some avocado and your protein on top. For us, the protein is usually from last night's dinner. When you are ready to eat, dump in a big bowl. The lettuce will not be soggy and the tomato and peppers taste great. I forget where I saw the idea to start. I am sure pinterest has a bunch of pics.
  • gemmajwtupper
    gemmajwtupper Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    myturn15 wrote: »
    We do the Salad-In-A-Jar. Use a quart size mason jar and place measured oil and balsamic in first. Then layer in veggies that won't get soggy in dressing, like tomato or peppers. Next layer is your lettuce. Then some avocado and your protein on top. For us, the protein is usually from last night's dinner. When you are ready to eat, dump in a big bowl. The lettuce will not be soggy and the tomato and peppers taste great. I forget where I saw the idea to start. I am sure pinterest has a bunch of pics.

That's such a good idea!!!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    I usually have 200g frozen veggies, microwaved the night before. I add around 100g protein, mostly leftovers from the night before. If there are no leftovers I will have some smoked salmon, boiled eggs, microwaveable thai fish cakes. To liven up all that veg, I might add a tablespoon of chilli sauce, salsa verde, tapenade or pesto.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a refrigerator and/or freezer at the location in which you have lunch? I like to have handy rotisserie chicken, bagged salad, salad dressing, roasted/salted nuts, lunch meat, cheese available so I don't have to cook or prepare anything if I'm not in the mood. Also ready-to-drink protein shakes and bars, and nuts in a desk drawer in my office.

If you don't have access to refrigeration, packed lunches should still be fine by lunchtime, even if they contain mayonnaise, as long as the ambient temperature is not too hot. (Speaking from my own experience, people. At your own risk.)
  • jessicaheatherhall
    jessicaheatherhall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Such good ideas!!!!
  • jessicaheatherhall
    jessicaheatherhall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    myturn15 wrote: »

Love this!
  • kern11
    kern11 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm having chicken and salsa today and then snacking on roast beef and cheese :)
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Veggie based soups are cheap, easy, and freeze well.