Old Navy Fitness Wear?

Options
I haven't been to an Old Navy in awhile, but I see they have fitness wear now. Can anyone give an opinion on it. How does it wash and dry?

Replies

• BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    It's awesome. Like, I cannot possibly overstate how much I love Old Navy's Activewear line. I have a few pairs of their mesh panel compression capris and ruched tank tops (all of which I got 30% off on sale) and they're amazing. They're holding up as though brand new after 2-3 months of frequent (think twice a week) machine washing and drying.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I love ON compression bottoms and their tanks. Both hold up really well. I do tend to line dry all my workout gear though. I usually only buy it if they are having a 30 or 40% sale so the deals are great.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I love it, almost all my workout clothes are from ON. I go to the gym 4-5 days a week so my clothes get a good amount of wear. Their sports bras (with the exception of the padded ones) are awesome!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have a very cute pair of ON yoga leggings that are capri length with ruching and ties at the bottom, and they've held up as well as more expensive brands of yoga pants.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    They have fitness wear for men too? Sorry if that's a stupid question but I haven't been to Old Navy in six months
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    They have fitness wear for men too? Sorry if that's a stupid question but I haven't been to Old Navy in six months

Yes they have men's fitness wear too, bought some shirts and shorts for the boyfriend and he liked them

• sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I love the mesh compression capris too (pockets yessssssss) and have several pairs, though compared to other ON activewear stuff the stitching seems a little subpar. I have found the ON activewear line to be pretty reliable, durable stuff on the whole.

The sports bras are ok but nothing special if your girls need extra support / you do a lot of bouncy exercise though. They're fine for me when I run, swing a kettlebell, or kickbox, but don't particularly hold stuff in place well when I'm doing something more like jumping jacks. If you have special sports bra needs, it's probably worth it to pay more for a more upbrand kind of thing there.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Love the capri pants - however, some of them are see-through when squatting so be sure to do a check when you try any on!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Everything I've tried is great. I line dry everything and they all hold up just fine.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I love them.
    But buy a size smaller - at least in their compression leggings.
    I've got a pair of mediums that are useless for running but the smalls are just fine. (I'm 5'7" and 150# so I'm not particularly small lol)
    I've had some of their tops for years and they still look great.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I LOVE their workout gear. Which came as a surprise because I hate their regular clothes. I get so many compliments on my ON stuff when I wear it.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't care for the leggings, but I'm really picky about my leggings because it's so hard to find ones that fit my waist and thighs. But I do love their tanks; they're really cute and not super clingy. I just picked up another one since they were on sale and I needed at least $5 more to get my free shipping for some dresses :)
  • myturn15
    myturn15 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone. Sounds like I will have a little shopping trip soon:)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The very first workout gear I bought when I started running in 2011 was Old Navy. I wasn't sure if I'd keep up with it and didn't want to spend a fortune on the gear I needed. I'm still using those shorts, compression capris, sports bras and tops today and I've bought more since. I saw they're having another 40% off sale so definitely make a trip soon.
  • akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    They have really good fitness wear at a fraction of the price. Their shorts are my fav! I LIKE their tanks, but not as much as my Nike running tanks just because the Nike tanks are lighter for running now that it's hot out.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I love them.
    I've got a pair of mediums that are useless for running but the smalls are just fine. (I'm 5'7" and 150# so I'm not particularly small lol)

That's interesting, I'm about the same height/weight and noticed that my mediums were falling down the last time I wore them for a run. I'm afraid any smaller and they'd be stretched to transparency. So maybe not for running, for me at least...
  • MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    The sports bras, not so much for bigger girls. But the capris and everything else thumbs up.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »
    I love them.

That's interesting, I'm about the same height/weight and noticed that my mediums were falling down the last time I wore them for a run. I'm afraid any smaller and they'd be stretched to transparency. So maybe not for running, for me at least...

@sistrsprkl as long as you get the thicker tights and not the white ones, you'll be fine.
    Over the winter, I bought a pair like these (http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=41740&vid=2&pid=123067262) in medium and can't wear them running. Or even really hanging out, they just slowly slide down. But a small fits perfect.

I've only had an issue with that one pair sliding down plus a pair I bought in 2012. But when I fell and broke my leg a few weeks ago, I tore a huge hole in them so they got tossed lol. But I have a second pair in the same size and they fit differently. But that's how Old Navy is.

And I've had an issue with one sports bra I bought there. I don't have much of a chest and I'm so squished. I only wear it on cold runs since otherwise I overheat with how compressed everything is.
    This bar: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1031430&vid=1&pid=731896502 but there isn't padding
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's awesome. Like, I cannot possibly overstate how much I love Old Navy's Activewear line. I have a few pairs of their mesh panel compression capris and ruched tank tops (all of which I got 30% off on sale) and they're amazing. They're holding up as though brand new after 2-3 months of frequent (think twice a week) machine washing and drying.

I could not agree more with this! I have about 7 pairs of their yoga pants, I love them!!! I've had the older ones for about 2 years and they still look great!

• Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Also...I got an email today! $6 sports bras in store only and 40% off activewear in store and online. April 22nd only!