Oatmeal Pancake Recipe

Options
Oatmeal Pancakes (they are awesome)

6 egg whites, beaten until fluffy
1/2 c low fat cottage cheese (I use the no sodium added)
1 scoop whey protein (I prefer vanilla but you can use any flavor)
1/2 c oatmeal, uncooked
1/4 c wheat germ
1/4 c flax seed (you can use regular flax seed or the flax seed meal)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Place all ingredients except beaten egg whites in a food processor and pulse or blend until mixture is uniform (sometimes I just blend the dry ingredients and put the egg whites, oil, and cottage cheese together...they seem more moist this way). Pour blended ingredients in a bowl and add the egg whites. Fold until just blended (if you think the mixture is thick, you can add water to desired consistency. Prepare a griddle with non-stick, non-fat cooking spray. Ladle pancake mixture onto griddle and cook until both sides are browned.

Makes 2 servings.

You can add blueberries if you want. I top with 1/4 c sugar free syrup (20 calories)

Per serving (with canola oil and no blueberries): 364 calories, 27 g carbs, 15 g fat, 31 g protein, 7 g fiber, 3 g sugar.

If you don't want that many calories in one meal, you can separate it into 3 servings.

Replies

• Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Thanks Amy, they sound delicious!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Sorry, thanks Aimee, they sound delicious!
  • bwyne03
    bwyne03 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    They sound great!! Gonna give them a try :happy:
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    need to give this a try....
  • ltf304
    ltf304 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe!! I have been meaning to make something like this for a while and haven't. Sounds yummy!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I make these too, they are awesome! I add a little bit of vanilla extract in there too.
  • GinaSz3
    GinaSz3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! Where do you buy the no sodium cottage cheese!! Ive been looking for it everywhere!!!! ?? =)
  • aimee0515
    aimee0515 Posts: 67
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! Where do you buy the no sodium cottage cheese!! Ive been looking for it everywhere!!!! ?? =)

It's not "no sodium" but "no sodium added"...it's A LOT lower sodium than regular. I've only found 2 brands than have it. Friendship is organic (I think) and they carry it at whole foods. The other brand is Lucerne...the container has a light aqua blue on it. I buy that at Dominick's or Jewel (not sure what grocery stores you have where you are). But they should carry it at regular grocery stores.
  • GinaSz3
    GinaSz3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

It's not "no sodium" but "no sodium added"...it's A LOT lower sodium than regular. I've only found 2 brands than have it. Friendship is organic (I think) and they carry it at whole foods. The other brand is Lucerne...the container has a light aqua blue on it. I buy that at Dominick's or Jewel (not sure what grocery stores you have where you are). But they should carry it at regular grocery stores.

Ya Ive seen the Lucerne brand but not the low sodium =( Gonna go check out Whole foods again - may have missed it. Thanks! I can't wait to make these!
  • dcdc13
    dcdc13 Posts: 86
    Options
    Yum!!! Can't wait to try it!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Thanks!:wink: