How to cope when you're not at the place you thought you'd be

Options
Since January I've made it my goal to lose some weight and get more fit for my trip to Hawaii.

The trip is next weekend, and I am not at the place I thought I would be in regards to how I look. I have lost the weight I wanted (7 lbs) but I still don't like how my stomach looks.

I want to make sure I still have a great time, but this whole time I've been working hard and thought I would be going on this trip 100% confident with my body.

Replies

• Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    @soccerkon26 I am sorry that you feel this way. Don't worry about it and look at the positive, you lost the weight you wanted. I know it sucks when you don't look the way you expected but know that you did work and it was worth it. And enjoy Hawaii!
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    @soccerkon26 I am sorry that you feel this way. Don't worry about it and look at the positive, you lost the weight you wanted. I know it sucks when you don't look the way you expected but know that you did work and it was worth it. And enjoy Hawaii!

Thank you, I appreciate it
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Hawaii can't see your stomach, and if it could, it wouldn't care what it looked like. Hawaii just wants you to have a good time.

I'm not sure there's many women who could say they are always confident about their body. Losing weight doesn't help that. You lose weight, but still see flaws..... Your stomach doesn't define you as a person, and this trip isn't the end of you working on your body. That, I'm afraid is a life long thing. You need to work on appreciating your body for what it is right now, but know that you have the power to change it. Hating it doesn't help your situation.

Go away, have a great time, come back and keep working on things you want to improve.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hawaii can't see your stomach, and if it could, it wouldn't care what it looked like. Hawaii just wants you to have a good time.

I'm not sure there's many women who could say they are always confident about their body. Losing weight doesn't help that. You lose weight, but still see flaws..... Your stomach doesn't define you as a person, and this trip isn't the end of you working on your body. That, I'm afraid is a life long thing. You need to work on appreciating your body for what it is right now, but know that you have the power to change it. Hating it doesn't help your situation.

Go away, have a great time, come back and keep working on things you want to improve.

Thank you :)