Thick thighs

Options
Hour glass shape lady here! I find most my weight sits on my thighs. Any advice or best workouts to get those babies toned?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Eat in a deficit. "Toning" is just losing fat to looked more defined. The weight will likely come off their last, so be consistent and persistent!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    You got to work with what you have...I have thick thighs too and an *kitten* that makes Kim Kardashian blush, but I'm a squatting and deadlifting machine. They aren't going anywhere so you might as well make them as fabulous as possible ;)
  • yolo9752
    yolo9752 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts, lift heavy.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    You don't get to choose where the fat comes off first.

What's wrong with thick thighs?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    In the regular world I have very thick thighs. In the bodybuilding world I have fairly small quads.

Embrace those genetics and lift heavy. I set a world record for deadlift in my federation thanks to my butt and thighs. Also, you can't target where fat comes off. Losing fat is like trying to dry a sponge, you can't dry a corner while the rest is still wet.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I adore my legs. They earn me records and look awesome.

Eat in a reasonable deficit, lift heavy and reap the rewards.
  • sy8s
    sy8s Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! :) you can do it! Workout and eat healthy
  • ktmeyer28
    ktmeyer28 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    lilRicki wrote: »
    You got to work with what you have...I have thick thighs too and an *kitten* that makes Kim Kardashian blush, but I'm a squatting and deadlifting machine. They aren't going anywhere so you might as well make them as fabulous as possible ;)

I have never thought of any part of my body like that...
    Im always trying to 'lose' this part or make it less noticeable.
    You've given me a self image revelation!
    I have never told myself to make me as fabulous as possible....its always been make me smaller or something else just superficial .
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!