Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Araganz wrote: »
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    I dont feel hungry throughout the day though. I eat 4 meals a day a day and and manage to keep myself full. A ton of water as well. But i do realize that it is pretty low for someone of my age. Also, bodybuilding must burn a bit of calories as well. SO guess i up my calories a bit and see how it goes. Awesome advice from everyone!

It may be helpful to know what your current height and weight stats are. What is your main goal?
    There are some pretty awesome and knowledgeable people here who would be able to guide you as it relates to calories and even nutrition. :)

Currently my height is 6 feet and my weight 95 kgs (dropped from 110). My main goal is to go down to 75-80 by August of this year. The help is appreciated :)

so 6' and 210 pounds, with goal being 6' and 165-170lbs.

I am a female, 6'1" and am currently 170 with a decent amount of muscle tone. I know that I can't really compare between us, but I am thinking that such a goal, especially if you attain it over such a short time frame, will cause you to look pretty lean if not thin. Are you sure you want to go that lean?

Maybe consider adjusting your goal upwards (for now), and aim instead for 85kg, with focus on strength training. It'll give you more food to work with, more energy.

Once you hit that, then re-evaluate whether you want to lean out further, or maintain, or maybe even bulk?

ETA: oh and I'm maintaining at around 2210 cals
  • Araganz
    Araganz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I dont feel hungry throughout the day though. I eat 4 meals a day a day and and manage to keep myself full. A ton of water as well. But i do realize that it is pretty low for someone of my age. Also, bodybuilding must burn a bit of calories as well. SO guess i up my calories a bit and see how it goes. Awesome advice from everyone!

It may be helpful to know what your current height and weight stats are. What is your main goal?
    There are some pretty awesome and knowledgeable people here who would be able to guide you as it relates to calories and even nutrition. :)

Currently my height is 6 feet and my weight 95 kgs (dropped from 110). My main goal is to go down to 75-80 by August of this year. The help is appreciated :)

so 6' and 210 pounds, with goal being 6' and 165-170lbs.

I am a female, 6'1" and am currently 170 with a decent amount of muscle tone. I know that I can't really compare between us, but I am thinking that such a goal, especially if you attain it over such a short time frame, will cause you to look pretty lean if not thin. Are you sure you want to go that lean?

Maybe consider adjusting your goal upwards (for now), and aim instead for 85kg, with focus on strength training. It'll give you more food to work with, more energy.

Once you hit that, then re-evaluate whether you want to lean out further, or maintain, or maybe even bulk?

ETA: oh and I'm maintaining at around 2210 cals

I was thinking that maybe i would bulk up once i went down to 75. But i guess aiming for 85 is also a viable option. Thats why i began bodybuilding now instead of after i reached 75 as i had planned before. For now i'm just cutting until i reach 80-85.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    If you aren't eating enough calories your "bodybuilding" efforts are going to be wasted for the most part. You might experience some newbie muscle gains initially but you will find that if you are actually trying to build muscle you will need to eat at or above your maintenance calories.