Quicksand

Options
I am stuck in quicksand!!!

I eat a whole food high protein diet. I go to the gym at least 3 days a week ( usually 4 days) I do not fry, eat fast food, ( I have never eaten fast food) or drink soda. I eat within the calories for any given day (usually less a lot less). I sometime struggle with a sweet tooth, but I have purged the sugar from my system (with the exception of sugar in my coffee), and I don' cook with salt. This is not a new way of eating for me for the most part this has been my habit. My biggest problem has been skipping meals. I am aware of this so I am becoming purposeful, in terms of eating 3 meals and snacks. My snacks are usually an orange, greek style yogure with honey and blue berries or a whey drink. Even in view of doing this, I have not lost a pound. I have been doing this for 3 months. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I have a personal trainer and she has developed a good routine for me. I follow it, follow it, follow it...

I don't get it. Please help.

Replies

• ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    People really won't be able to offer you much sound advice unless you make your food diary public, and they can seriously analyze what you've been eating!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I eat within the calories for any given day (usually less a lot less).
    That there may be your problem, the goal given here on MFP is a goal to strive for not a max calories, heck that number ALREADY gives you a deficit of calories to meet your chosen rate of loss (from 0.5 to 2 lbs per week)
    Eat back your exercise calories if you're not already.
  • nevaeh_09
    nevaeh_09 Posts: 2
    Options
    The first thought that came to mind was: Have you been tested for hypothyroidism? It can have a major affect on your metabolism and make it very hard to lose weight or keep it off.
  • cdelay2
    cdelay2 Posts: 10
    Options
    You have to make sure that you are least eating the minium recommended number of calories each day. I don't typically eat the extra calories from exercising, but make sure you are eating the minimum they recommend. If you aren't eating the minimum, your body will go into "hybernation" and store the fat.

Good luck