9.6 pounds in a week!

Options
LaDawnnie
LaDawnnie Posts: 72 Member
i started last Wednesday! I've ate clean and healthy all week and worked out just a little! 9.6 lbs is a huge loss and now I'm motivated to keep pushing with week 2 and work out more! Add me if you want!

Replies

• NJbabe
    NJbabe Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Good job! ;)

I lost 7.7 lbs. in the first week.

You might already know this, but you won't lose weight as rapidly after a few weeks. The first few pounds always drop the quickest. ;)
  • kaylamariia
    kaylamariia Posts: 41 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    NJbabe wrote: »
    Good job! ;)

I lost 7.7 lbs. in the first week.

You might already know this, but you won't lose weight as rapidly after a few weeks. The first few pounds always drop the quickest. ;)

If that ain't the truth lol
    I can't get my numbers to budge anymore!
    Great job guys ☺️
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    When you eat at a calorie defecit, particularly if you significantly reduce your carb intake, you reduce your glycogen stores and the associated water which is why you will see huge initial drops and then it begins to stabilise into a steady weight loss

each gram of glycogen holds about 4g of water - you can lose up to 10lbs of water in the first couple of weeks

just keep going

remember all weight loss on the scale is a combination of water, body fat and LBM .. the trick is to lose as much body fat as possible and maintain as much LBM as possible .. you will see flucatuations in water weight with sodium in diet, change-up in exercise and hormones around ovulation and periods

good luck
  • PriscillaJess
    PriscillaJess Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job! I myself started last Wednesday and I've lost 7lbs.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    What you lost was mostly water weight, not actual fat.
  • VCFernandez13
    VCFernandez13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Now you gotta keep it up and when you have weeks that aren't a huge weight loss or you lose no weight just know not to give up stay motivated... (Muscle weighs more than fat too :P)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    When you eat at a calorie defecit, particularly if you significantly reduce your carb intake, you reduce your glycogen stores and the associated water which is why you will see huge initial drops and then it begins to stabilise into a steady weight loss

each gram of glycogen holds about 4g of water - you can lose up to 10lbs of water in the first couple of weeks

just keep going

remember all weight loss on the scale is a combination of water, body fat and LBM .. the trick is to lose as much body fat as possible and maintain as much LBM as possible .. you will see flucatuations in water weight with sodium in diet, change-up in exercise and hormones around ovulation and periods

good luck

This +1 Keep going, but it helps if you understand how things work.
  • LaDawnnie
    Options
    yes I know it was mostly water weight but I also lost 2% body fat with that, I forgot to post! and my goal is 2 lbs a week for the first couple of weeks and then1-2 a week bc I do understand it gets harder!
  • jillian4316
    jillian4316 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. Any lb lost is a reason to celebrate
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    What you lost was mostly water weight, not actual fat.

Question...How do you lose water weight and not fat? Especially if you drink a ton of water? I don't understand the concept but you hear it all of the time.
  • Becky_W25
    Becky_W25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! Keep going!
  • LaDawnnie
    Options
    Thanks everybody! Every pound does matter. It keeps me motivated to reach my goal! 69 lbs to go! And thats about 40% body fat! But with clean eating and exercise I will get there!
  • Kimgreen27
    Kimgreen27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello folks! I'm starting up again after being off for a long time. I can't remember if you loose better by eating all your daily cals plus workout cals or just eat daily cals and half of work out cals? Any suggestions or help is welcomed
  • LaDawnnie
    Options
    Kimgreen27 wrote: »
    Hello folks! I'm starting up again after being off for a long time. I can't remember if you loose better by eating all your daily cals plus workout cals or just eat daily cals and half of work out cals? Any suggestions or help is welcomed

Ive heard just eat only half of your workout cals. Since its hard to be exact on everything, its safer that way. And good luck!
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Great job! I've been on MFP for almost 3 years now. Went from 260 to 179 before finding out I was pregnant. In two months I'll be joining you in your weight loss journey!
  • LaDawnnie
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing! Feel free to share how u did it! And congrats on the baby!
  • TamikaJames
    TamikaJames Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's really great. I've lost 3 lbs in 6 days. I'm pretty proud of that so I know you are proud of 9.6
  • LaDawnnie
    Options
    3 lbs is a lot too! Be very proud! I know 1-2 lbs a week is about average! Keep up the good work!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Question...How do you lose water weight and not fat? Especially if you drink a ton of water? I don't understand the concept but you hear it all of the time.

Water weight in this context is what was discussed here:
    rabbitjb wrote: »

just keep going

good luck

Since your glycogen stores will eventually replenish this is a "borrowed' weight loss.