Losing weight on an off shift

Options
I have had great success losing weight when I worked a normal 1st shift. I am now on 2nd shift, and I am finding it much more difficult to lose weight. My shift is late afternoon until the early hours of the morning. Does anyone have suggestions on a meal schedule? I'm just not feeling quite right about eating late night.

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating late at night--It's possible that you've just read the "no meals after x o'clock!" too many times and it's engrained in your brain. :) Eat as your work schedule allows it, timing doesn't matter in the least. All the best!
  • AngelZealot
    AngelZealot Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I get home at 3am. My only sleep is from 3am-7am. I have 3 kids, so I have to take care of them during the day. I really need to stretch my eating out over the course of 20 hours a day. It's hard not to feel hungry at some point :(
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I get home at 3am. My only sleep is from 3am-7am. I have 3 kids, so I have to take care of them during the day. I really need to stretch my eating out over the course of 20 hours a day. It's hard not to feel hungry at some point :(

Oh dear. That really doesn't sound sustainable. Only 4 hours of sleep each night? You are going to wear yourself out.

I work overnights. I just changed breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack to 12am-6am, 6am -12pm, 12pm -6pm and 6pm -12 am, that way it doesn't matter where my shift falls.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    You won't be doing your weight loss any favors by shorting yourself on sleep--when you don't get enough sleep, your body craves sweets for the energy the sugar provides. Getting a sitter for a few hours would probably help you a lot.