Rewards for weight loss ?

Options

Replies

• dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    JordisTSM wrote: »
    At 10 kilos I bought a whole lot of foot pampering products as I figured my tootsies needed some love after hauling my lard *kitten* around.

Just hit 20 kilos and am booked in for a tattoo next Wednesday - it's actually to celebrate giving up a pack a day smoking habit three years ago, but it's taken this long to get the design right, and I thought a 20 kilo weight loss was as good a time as any to get it.

Hoping to hit 30 kilos lost about the same time we're going to be in the Cook Islands for a vacation, so that will be the reward for that milestone.

Will figure out rewards for each additional 10 kilo milestone when I hit it.

Am hoping to lose a total of 96 kilos (212lbs for my American friends), likely to be another tattoo (large one) at that point.

What tattoo design have you decided on????

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    dufus12 wrote: »
    Do any of you have rewards pencilled in for when you reach a certain goal?
    I am talking mini goals....as in 5lbs, 7lbs, 10lbs, 14lbs,,,, depending on your weight starting point.
    Do they help, do you think?

If so, suggestions as to appropriate goals?
    I know they will be pretty personal as to your character and likes and dislikes etc....but I would be interested in the concept.

I have no rewards planned. Rewards don't motivate me ... and quite frankly, I hadn't even thought about rewarding myself for losing weight when I started.

And then I read another thread about rewards a month or so ago. So I thought that maybe when I lost 5 kg (11 lb) I might do something ... but I was busy and forgot all about it.

I also thought that maybe when I hit 10 kg, I might do something ... but like some others have mentioned, I already get what I need or want, I travel, I go to special events ...

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I do a happy dance.
    I take a pic and post it on my Facebook page.
    At onederland I organized a party at a trampoline park.
    I tell my granddaughter and get a hug.
    Clothes shopping!
    Haircut.
    These days I just want fitness stuff like great running shoes or wicking socks.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I tended to reward myself every 7 lbs (half stone)... But all non-food related. anything from nail varnish to a new piece of clothing, luxury body lotion or a facial. All things to make me feel good about myself!! I also stashed away £10 for every pound of weight I lost! When I had got to goal I had £1180 to spend on a new wardrobe - go me... I am still maintaing six years later and happier than ever...
  • skbrodie
    skbrodie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I plan to get a tattoo when I lose ALL of the weight... but that's all I could think of lol
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    At 10 kilos I bought a whole lot of foot pampering products as I figured my tootsies needed some love after hauling my lard *kitten* around.

This was my favorite response and it made me lol. The main motivation for me is getting new clothes when my current clothes get too big. I used to love shopping when I was fit and I'm looking forward to getting back to that point again.
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Manicures, pedicures, facials, hair services...those are the goal/rewards I have set for myself at 15, 30, 45...
  • dufus12
    Options
    Interesting replies - some see the intrinsic reward of losing weight and the health benefits as sufficient motivation, others like a little treat to look forward to. Again, a bit like diets-one size does not fit all.
    Me? I have decided I do need some treats or rewards to look forward to. Nothing big, but just a marker that says, 'hey, you have achieved that mini goal you set yourself.' :)

• JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options

Just hit 20 kilos and am booked in for a tattoo next Wednesday - it's actually to celebrate giving up a pack a day smoking habit three years ago, but it's taken this long to get the design right, and I thought a 20 kilo weight loss was as good a time as any to get it.

Hoping to hit 30 kilos lost about the same time we're going to be in the Cook Islands for a vacation, so that will be the reward for that milestone.

Am hoping to lose a total of 96 kilos (212lbs for my American friends), likely to be another tattoo (large one) at that point.

Got it today :smiley:

T6RRU43.jpg

• elleelise
    elleelise Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I refuse to buy into the myth that I need to wait until I am X size to travel, dance, get a massage, have sex, go to the beach in a bikini, be loved, have awesome clothes and jewelry and experiences. In the past I used to come up with rewards and timelines, demonizing my fat self to a withdrawn life of deprivation and it NEVER worked.

I do get excited to go buy new workout gear now, but I can do that whenever I want.

Feeling great and knowing that I am caring for myself is the best reward, and I can achieve that right now at my ripe and active 237 pounds. ;)
  • dufus12
    Options

T6RRU43.jpg

Oh wow!! Is there a significance in the design? It looks great!
  • dufus12
    Options
    elleelise wrote: »
    I refuse to buy into the myth that I need to wait until I am X size to travel, dance, get a massage, have sex, go to the beach in a bikini, be loved, have awesome clothes and jewelry and experiences. In the past I used to come up with rewards and timelines, demonizing my fat self to a withdrawn life of deprivation and it NEVER worked.

I do get excited to go buy new workout gear now, but I can do that whenever I want.

Feeling great and knowing that I am caring for myself is the best reward, and I can achieve that right now at my ripe and active 237 pounds. ;)

And yes, Elleelise, you are totally right. No one needs to wait.....I guess my question was whether some people found it helpful in a motivational anticipatory sort of way that kept them focused......

• JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options

T6RRU43.jpg

It's a tribal style dragon which to me symbolises having more powerful breath since I gave up smoking. That was three years ago (hence the 2012). I just decided to use it as my 20kg reward so that it would be extra important to me.
  • dufus12
    Options

T6RRU43.jpg

It's a tribal style dragon which to me symbolises having more powerful breath since I gave up smoking. That was three years ago (hence the 2012). I just decided to use it as my 20kg reward so that it would be extra important to me.

Ha! I did remind me of a dragon, but I thought I had better not say in case it was something totally different!!
    Well done you!

• 1motorpsycho
    1motorpsycho Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow! great thread. Gives me something to think about. Not used to rewarding myself with anything ever. Every five pounds a new accessory or clothing item. I would like to lose 20#. 3 pair of shoes and for the final goal, a massage and spa day!
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Mine aren't necessarily loss based rewards but gains for lifting. So when I hit a certain target I will reward myself with new gym clothes to make myself keep going :)
  • NJbabe
    NJbabe Posts: 113 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't have "goal specific" rewards.

But if I reach my final goal, my husband and I will be going to Hawaii for 2 weeks in the summer of 2016. :)

When I get down to size 12, I'm going to buy a gorgeous dress (or two) I have in mind.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Kelamb10 wrote: »
    7 is good. How about a new water bottle

What makes you think I have one that needs replacing????

Jeez you asked for ideas. Nobody knows what you have or don't have!
  • dufus12
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sorry! It was meant to be tongue in cheek....... :/
    I am not exercising at the moment but that wouldn't be obvious......oops!