UGH! why?!

Options
I have been working out (ei lifting some weight but mostly cardio ever single day) I eat pretty much nothing bur salads for lunch and dinner and in the AM I eat some protein and throughout the day a little bit of complex carbs.

Still my scale is saying that I am gaining weight. Wtffffff.... I don't understand what I am doing wrong?!?!?!!?!?!?!

Replies

• annavalente
    annavalente Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    What are you using to weigh what ur eating?
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    why would anybody eat pretty much just salads?

and yeah - how many calories are you eating
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How long have you been gaining weight? How long ago did you start working out?
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hi, a couple of questions..
    how long have you been doing this?
    Are you logging your food properly - weighing everything, including salad dressings drinks etc.
    Are you logging exercise/ - if you are using standard MFP entries you may be over estimating.

All you need to do is burn more cals than you are consuming.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention your overall calorie goal for the day??? Are you using a food scale to weigh and measure your foods??
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Your profile says you have lost ten pounds. What is "pretty much nothing but"? Every time I lost ten pounds, I magically hit a plateau. Why? Because I became lackadaisical thinking, okay, that was easy, I can eat a little extra now. Then I will gain a pound or two. In the old days, I got discouraged and that got me to the point of obesity. But now when that happens, instead of getting discouraged, I get mad at myself and rev it back up.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    What are you having in those salads?
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking?
  • LeslieMJCClark
    LeslieMJCClark Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    60fl oz a day or a little more sometimes if I do more physical activity than usual
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Salads can have a lot of calories. I've seen salads on restaurant menus that have more calories than the burgers. If you aren't weighing your food, even the "healthy" stuff, then you are probably eating more than you think you are.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Double post

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Lol. The one question the OP decides to respond to is the most irrelevant one posted.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Lol. The one question the OP decides to respond to is the most irrelevant one posted.

Haahaa I noticed that!!
  • annavalente
    annavalente Posts: 119 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing lol
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

Isn't that always the case?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You could be retaining water, or your salads have too many calories (it's very much NOT a healthy choice in most places, by the way, once you count the dressing, and even sometimes without, it's often more than a burger!).
  • LeslieMJCClark
    Options
    I was typing back but the questions all came very quickly.
  • jlruiz719
    jlruiz719 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I understand the frustration! Sometimes is seems like the more I try the less my scale moves. One thing I've found to be a little discouraging is that a lot of salads have way more calories than I expected (especially when you add what I consider to be "enough" dressing). But, even if you eat the perfectly to lose weight, you can still gain weight depending on the time of the month (side-effect of being a woman). If this is the issue, the weight will come off in another week.
  • LeslieMJCClark
    Options
    If you don't want to be helpful please get off of my post... now.